Complaint Review: America's Best Eyewear

• Submitted: Sat, March 23, 2013
  • Updated: Sat, March 23, 2013

• Reported By: Faith — Wilkes Barre Pennsylvania
America's Best Eyewear
Mundy street,Wilkes Barre, PA Wilkes Barre, Pennsylvania United States of America

America's Best Eyewear Bad Service Wilkes Barre, Pennsylvania

I went to America's Best Eye wear, because they had a 2 pair deal ,the eye exam was pretty straight forward, but that is where the good ends.
The associate that waited on me, was rude, and tried to tell me what I should wear.
She was in a hurry, and rushed me through picking out my glasses, she kept saying " are you done yet?" after I had found the frames she tried to get me to buy the most expensive lenses, when I told her that I couldn't afford them, and I just wanted the deal, she got mad, and told me that my glasses would be too heavy,she then proceeded to tap on my then current glasses and tell me that they weren't plastic, they were poly-carbon. I know that they were plastic because I bought them.
I then ask just for my prescription, to go somewhere else, she wouldn't give it to me, so I just bought the 69.99 2 pair option.
They told me it would be 8-10 business days, and they would call me when they were ready.
I waited the 8-10 no call, then I waited 5 more, for a total of 15 business days, and call them, they didn't even know I had purchased glasses! The guy I spoke to said that when they found them he would let me know.
When they finally found them, 6 hours later, they called and left a message to pick them up.
I went the next day to pick them up, they had lost them again, and when they finally found them, the girl dropped them on the floor!
She gave me them, ask if they fit, and told me to leave, I ended up at Walmart having them fitted!
They were badly out of shape! I am also going to get my prescription from them and have someone else make sure that they got it right, because my eyes burn a little, and the reading glasses, are completely wrong!
Ill never go there again, unless its to get my money back!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/23/2013 07:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Americas-Best-Eyewear/Wilkes-Barre-Pennsylvania-18702/Americas-Best-Eyewear-Bad-Service-Wilkes-Barre-Pennsylvania-1037472. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on America's Best Eyewear