Complaint Review: Americas Best

• Submitted: Wed, February 18, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, February 18, 2009

• Reported By:des plaines Illinois
Americas Best
9643 1/2 N Milwaukee Niles, Illinois U.S.A.

Americas Best Two pair glasses - Cokebottles Niles Illinois

*Author of original report: America's Best Scam

Deborah
des plaines, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/18/2009 10:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Americas-Best/Niles-Illinois-60714/Americas-Best-Two-pair-glasses-Cokebottles-Niles-Illinois-425575. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Americas Best

America's Best Scam

AUTHOR: Deborah - (U.S.A.)

I saw the ad on television for the glasses, went into the Niles location. After the exam, went to complete the order, 2 pair of single vision glasses, and the peson who finalizes the order tells me that the "doctor" (an optometrist, not an ophthalmologist) recommends that I get scratch guard for the lenses, and some "special lense" that is thinner than the regular. They show you some huge coke bottle lenses next to thin lense, for an additional $200 only. The lenses I have gotten from ANY other place are the thin plastice scratch resistent lenses, so I am thoroughly confused by these lenses they have brought out. And, they anticipate this, why else would you have a pair of glasses ALREADY made up with each kind of lense so you can see the difference. They then proceed to tell me that the frames that I chose will not work with the coke bottle lenses, so I should choose another. I refuse, so they have to give me the glasses they way they showed me for $69. I will have the lenses replaced somewhere else, I WILL NOT give them $200 extra, to bring the total to almost $300. When I told them this, the person helping me got a nasty attitude. I looked at their website and they say they can give so such good prices because they make their own lenses. So why the deception, and where is deal on the lenses? Why do you not just tell the truth up front? I will pay anyone else to make the lenses, not them. Deborah des plaines, Illinois

category