Complaint Review: Americas Choice RV

• Updated: Fri, January 06, 2012

• Reported By: MC — Ocala Florida United States of America
Americas Choice RV
3040 NW Gainesville Rd ocala, Florida United States of America

Americas Choice RV raised price $11000. after a deposit was taken and buyer order completed. ocala, Florida

*Author of original report: You should learn to tell the truth, It will get you farther

*UPDATE Employee: We did not own the unit and we did not up the selling price. Borrower received full refund of his DEPOSIT no questions asked.

On Dec 27,2011 went to America Choice RV and found a unit I liked. SAles person was called and brought keys to unit.
Spent a couple hours looking at unit and was told it was a consignment that needed some repair. Unit weould be fixed by end of 2nd week of Jan. Went in office, was given a price of $79000. and was told the ywould take an offer of less if i was truly interested. I wanted to thinkabout it.

Was told if I gave a deposit of 2500. it would gaurantee the rv would not be sold and I would have first chance to buy. I gave a deposit and was given a receipt with all rv info and was signed by sales manager "Eric"

Next day I returned and said I wanted. Was given a buyers order with price,tax,tag,title and deposit. My down payment in fo was not entered but an agreed upon downpayment was discussed and agreed. I was agai walked through rv and was given a sheet with all equipment on rv.

I gave all info for Eric Fasci to check credit and get financing on balance.

Called on 12/30 and was told that the consigner had changed there mind. It would cost me 90,000. if I still wanted. That was a jack up of $11000.

I tried to tell them they could not do this but was told that I could do nothing about it and if I wanted my deposit back I should come get it. "The check is already written" or I could take my chances that it would come in the mail.

I have  contacted the state and they are investigating. Was told that if what I said was true, Americas Choice could NOT do that.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/04/2012 06:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Americas-Choice-RV/ocala-Florida-34474/Americas-Choice-RV-raised-price-11000-after-a-deposit-was-taken-and-buyer-order-comple-818092. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Americas Choice RV

You should learn to tell the truth, It will get you farther

AUTHOR: MC - (United States of America)

The rebuttal from employee#1 is not true. The unit WAS in line with the for sale units. Yes it was to the rear of these but when I asked "was it for sale" I was told an emphatic "YES".

Yes my deposit was refunded  AFTER I was told that the check had already been written, I could come and get it or could take my chances with the u s mail. AND most definetely I was told that if I wanted unit it would haveto be @ a price of $90,000. wgich was $11000. over what was given to me originally and put on the buyers order. It was told to me that it was a consignment and yhey were supposedly working with me for 3 days by letting me spend time going over the rv and taking my questions to supposedly call in to the owner for answers, suchas how did the damage happen, what kind of fuewl mileage did they get, what kind of service reports they ahd and other general questions.

If it was an owner unit not for sale then why did you take my deposit, why did you give me a buyers order, why did you let me spend around 5 hours in the rv over 3 days?

I think any reasonable person can see who is truthfuk and who isnot here.

AUTHOR: AmericaChoiceRV - (United States of America)

America Choice RV always strives for 100% customer satisfaction. Our goal is not only to sell our inventory but sometimes to help
match buyers and sellers while offering to make sure the RV is safe, provide financing and earn their future service opportunities.

The customer is not telling the whole story. While looking at motor homes on our lot he saw a 2008 Gulf Stream Conquest Independence Super C Series in our service line. He asked about it and we told him it was not our RV but we thought the seller had wanted to sell it previously. After explaining that we did not own the RV but would call the owner for the buyer but we would
need to know his best offering price. We also accepted a deposit, meaning he would get it back if the seller did not accept his offer.

We do not give out owners information because of privacy concerns and also do not call owners without a commitment from the buyer.  Everything was contingent on the seller agreeing to a buying price of $ 79,000.  The NADA book value for the coach is
$112,000. We explained to the buyer that he would most likely not take this ridiculously low offer but we would work hard to see if the owner needed to sell it out of desperation.

The seller said he was asking $105,000 but would consider a sale at $ 90,000 if the buyer agreed to an as-is sale because his offer was so far below market value. The buyer did not want to pay $ 90,000 and became furious at us and the seller. We explained that we did not own the RV and the seller already dropped the price by $15,000 to $90,000. He said we were stealing
from him (which makes no sense since it was a deposit to approach the seller) and we offered him a full refund because they couldnt reach an agreement. All funds were returned to the customer.

Yes the customer is right, we did offer to let him pick up the check or mail it to him. Not sure why we are on rip-off report for giving a full refund, explaining the process fully, trying to help a buyer buy a unique RV for substantially less than book value from another customer, or offering multiple ways to send his full refund.