Complaint Review: America's Choice Reader's Service - International Reader's League - American Reader

• Submitted: Tue, May 13, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, May 14, 2008

• Reported By:Longview Washington
www.americanreader.com Great Falls, Montana U.S.A.

America's Choice Reader's Service - International Reader's League - American Reader Charged huge amout when suppose to charge $5! Great Falls Montana

*Author of original report: America's Choice Reader's Service - International Reader's League - American Reader

I received a phone call today from these people and was told that I won a $1,00 shopping spree, and that I could get like 6 or 8 magazine subscriptions for only five dollars a month ($5 total not $5 apeice) for 30 months and after that time period then I would have to pay the full price if I wanted to continue receiving them. There have been some magazines that I have been wanting to buy but haven't for finance reasons. So I thought that's cool, and said ok. They told me that they got my information (name, address, phone number) from one of my mastercards. My mastercard has been canceled for about 4 years now, so I thought that it was from when I did use it. Otherwise how did they get all of my info? So a couple of hours after I agreed to the subscriptions I checked my visa (that is the card they charged) and the charge was not for five dollars but $48. I became so angry and did a google search on them and that is how I found simalar reports. So right about now I am feeling like the bigest idiot in the whole world. I am going to have to cancel that card seeing that these people so not listen to anyone or their complaints. Now I am out almost fifty dollars and the extra money that they took out was suppose to be for my son's tenth birthday.....Looks like he is getting a rain check!!!! So now I will just keep calling them until they get a restraining order on me.....Wish me luck!!!

Misty
Longview, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/13/2008 09:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Americas-Choice-Readers-Service-International-Readers-League-American-Reader/Great-Falls-Montana-59403/Americas-Choice-Readers-Service-International-Readers-League-American-Reader-Charge-332311. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on America's Choice Reader's Service - International Reader's League - American Reader

AUTHOR: Machelle137 - (U.S.A.)

Thanks to the great state of Montana I will be getting a full refund! If you have been charged by this company them you need to call Office of Consumer Protection (Montana state) and tell them you wish to file a complaint and want a refund. They are used to dealing with this company and will send you out the forms to receive your refund. With more complaints against them they said that it will help to shut them down. Montana state promises that you will get your money back. I just called them and it was the best thing that I could have done. I hope this helps.