Complaint Review: America's Choice Reader's Service

• Submitted: Mon, April 28, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, October 07, 2008

• Reported By:Bonaire Georgia
America's Choice Reader's Service
P.O. Box 89 Great Falls, Montana U.S.A.

America's Choice Reader's Service RIPOFF and LIERS Great Falls Montana

*Consumer Comment: Same Here

*Author of original report: UPDATE

*Consumer Comment: I also had the same thing happen to me!

I recieved a phone call around last November. Not making any excuses for myself but it is reality. I have MS and the time I was in what is called an exhasberation. I usually turn the phones off during these times just for these reasons. They were offering Time magazine and others,plus various types of rewards and shopping sprees for $25.00 a month for a couple of years. I tried to tell them I wasn't interested yet they were very persistant. When I told them of my situation(1st DUMB mistake) they knew they had their mark. I suppose so I could go back to sleep I gave (#2) all the info they asked for including (#3) my credit card info. Ihung up went to sleep and forgot all about it. The next month I noticed two charges of $49.95 to my account. I called my credit card co. and they gave me a phone # to call. I did and it was American Choice Readers and they informed me that I had okayed the $49.95 a month for 5 years,including Good HouseKeeping,Redbook,Entrepeneur,among others.

This is all a joke in itself. They swore that had a recording of me okaying it all. I had no desire to hear for I KNEW they had doctored it to the convenience and I knew I had signed nothing. They thought they were going to brow beat me into it. Yet I was to pissed by then. I knew they had lied no matter what they said and felt as though that voided all contracts that might have been also I never signed ONE thing. I also felt as though I was Taken advantage of due to my medical condition.

After no success in getting this resolved I cancelled my credit card and the co. tried to get me to turn the charges over to their fraud division.But I didn;t(#4). At there next phone call I Exercised my Right under the Fair Debt Collections Act requesting all contact be made in writing no more phone calls. the calls still persist and give them the same info each time. I was told if they do this after notified once that gives me the right to sue them for three times for what they are seeking. They are now threatning to turn it over to a collection agency. If there is any willing to help of start a class action suit please contact me. I know I can't be the only one out there. Any help ridding myself of this scab of ripoffs would be greatly appreciated. James F. Farr

James
Bonaire, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/28/2008 11:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Americas-Choice-Readers-Service/Great-Falls-Montana-59403/Americas-Choice-Readers-Service-RIPOFF-and-LIERS-Great-Falls-Montana-329298. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on America's Choice Reader's Service

Same Here

AUTHOR: Acraig1 - (U.S.A.)

I have been through a very similiar thing. I just recieved the letter from Credit & Collection Solutions Inc. Great Falls and they too are threatening legal action. What did you do and what worked for you? Im young and just got married and have a young daughter and cant afford to have this haunting me. They have now begun calling me at my work as well as nonstop phonecalls at home.

UPDATE

AUTHOR: James f. farr - (U.S.A.)

Since my last report I still receive phone calls from ACRS , then their collection agency(Credit @ Collections Solutions Inc. also in Great falls Montana) with threats of ruining my credit. Each time I told them I would Exercise My RIGHT Under The Fair Debt Collection Act requesting all correspondence be made through the mail. Then their lawyer called and I gave them the same info and he requested me have my lawyer fax him a correspondence. I then recieved a letter 08/01 giving me 30 days to respond. Their lawyer Fausto G. Turrin also of Great Falls, Montana. I even noticed that on every other bill there was always a different phone no. Well I've decided to get a lawyer and go from there. I will see if counter suing them for triple what they seek that the law allows for their harassment,plus lawyer,court fees,back money paid and compensatory allowed. Anyone with any helpfull thoughts,ideas,suggestions or just help would be greatly appreciated. James

I also had the same thing happen to me!

AUTHOR: Shadow696 - (Puerto Rico)

I would be highly interested in a class action law suit against this company i just got done emailing the BBB of america and i am looking for other people that have endured this for advice and support.