Complaint Review: America's Choice Reader's Service

• Submitted: Thu, June 10, 2004
  • Updated: Thu, June 10, 2004

• Reported By:MIDDLEBURG Florida
America's Choice Reader's Service
Great Falls, Montana U.S.A.

America's Choice Reader's Service ripoff Great Falls Montana

I was contacted on my cell phone (believe it or not) by America's Choice Reader out of Great Falls Montana, how they got my cell phone number I do not know. But they had a very good line to get me interested in their deal on magazines. So, stupid me agreed to do the deal and start the magazines out on my credit card, after the first month go to mailing the payments in via personal check.

That did not work, they charged my credit card for the first month, then the second month I mailed in a personal check to the company "America's Choice Reader" and I was again charged on my credit card for the same amount.

I finally found this website, and saw that they were already reported to the Bad Business Bureau, so I decided to contact the company and tell them to cancel my account with them.

Doing so, I stayed on eternal hold for a representative to pick up, then finally a gentleman by the name of Mark answered. Asking for my account number, which I did not have at the time of the call, he preceeded in asking me to call back when I do have that information. I insisted that there is other ways for them to look up my account, and I was not going to hold again for a representative. He looked for my account and found me, I preceeded in telling him to cancel my account, and he replied that he could not, because I only had the first 3 days after my signing up to do so.

Therefore I told him that I already know that their company is a scam, and that I will be along with other people contacting the Bad Business Bureau regarding the matter. Then he seemed to have no problem with assisting me in canceling my account. When asked why, I told him about my credit card being charged along with me sending in personal checks. And he had nothing to say regarding the matter.

I will be checking back with the company in a day or two to make sure that they did what they were suppose to do.

Hope you don't get stuck in this situation, stay away from America's Choice Readers out of Montana or California. Or where ever else they say they are from.

Judy
MIDDLEBURG, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/10/2004 08:01 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Americas-Choice-Readers-Service/Great-Falls-Montana-59403/Americas-Choice-Readers-Service-ripoff-Great-Falls-Montana-94371. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on America's Choice Reader's Service