Complaint Review: America's Choice Readers Service

• Submitted: Thu, April 02, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, April 02, 2009

• Reported By:Nashville Tennessee
America's Choice Readers Service
PO Box 89 Great Falls, Montana U.S.A.

America's Choice Readers Service typically tactical, coniving telemarketers Great Falls Montana

I was called one evening last August (I believe) while half asleep on the sofa attempting to watch television. I was informed by the caller that because my credit rating was so good that I was chosen for this offer of a $1,000.00 shopping spree (never materialized-not even a catalouge) after my AMEX card had been billed for several months. (I finally got that stopped.) I was informed that a notice would be arriving in the mail and that I had three days in which to cancel, but (1) I never received anything in the mail from them, and (2) working a full time nursing job 14 hrs/day and taking care of an elderly frail parent, 3 days go by in a hurry!!! This is how they are hooking people in a desperate attempt to separate them from their hard earned money!!! They
call me and have called me more times than I can count attempting to collect I have asked them to close the account,now when they call if I even answer the phone, I tell them to close the account that I am not making any more payments because I don't want the service. They tell me that they can't because I have a contract. I have received magazines- most of which I don't even read, but here's the kicker... Somehow other such marketers have gotten into the act ie Family Reader's Club, Budget Reader's Service.

My card was being billed for all three of these schisters. I was able to resolve the matter of the last 2 with AMEX, but not America's Choice. I was
happy to learn though that America's Choice has had lawsuits filed against them. I'm hoping that they'll be so busy scrambling to get the --- out of Dodge they won't have time for me.

Nashville, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/02/2009 11:37 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Americas-Choice-Readers-Service/Great-Falls-Montana-59403/Americas-Choice-Readers-Service-typically-tactical-coniving-telemarketers-Great-Falls-Mo-440164. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on America's Choice Readers Service