• Report: #820879

America's Elite Media
Denver, Colorado United States of America

America's Elite Media Scammers Denver, Colorado

*Consumer Comment: Scam

As the others that have written reports on Americas elite media, they got my info and cc number in the same fashion. Acting as the legitamite magazine company that I have delt with. AEM called me on a Saturday, which should have been the first clue that the company was not legit. And after the telephone call, I realized that AEM was not magazine company that they were pretending to be. I called there 800 number on Monday about 20 times with no answer only a answer machine, which i left messages on. The same on tuesday, and wednesday. So Wednesday night I googled there name and found no website, just all the rip off reports and scam warnings. That scared me so on thursday i cancelled my credit card. I continued to call the 800 number with no answer and never got a call back from the messages i left.
It wasn't until about a month later that AEM called me. A lady asked for another cc number because the card they had on file no longer was working. I explained to her that i had been calling them to discuss the situation and was not getting any answers or call backs from the messages that i left, and she hung up on me.
I also began then getting calls for numerous other companys that were trying to get my info straight due to the high volume of calls and complaints about magazine companys trying to sell magazines which I hung up on. companys like The Publishers, which I have never delt with but they  had my cell and home phone numbers.
The calls have continued from AEM with the same results. They hang up on me when i begin to press them on getting more info and trying to cancel what ever it was that they trick me in to.
The last call i received was Friday last week. This time it was the same guy that i had talked to the first time that they got my info and cc number. I got no futher with him. After i asked to talk to a manager or boss person, this guy got angery and kept demanding for a new card that they could bill. I told him that I was not going to give him anything til i talked to someone that would have the authority to cancel this account?? and and he began threating me with collection agencys and that he would see me in court. It was hard to understand him with all the yelling. Not something that a legit business would do to someone that is asking question. His last words " See you in court" and he hung up.
What I do know is that this company has called and it is only one young sounding lady and a guy with a southern sounding accent. The guy has used two different names in the voice mails he has left on my phone when i didn't answer. William Johnson and Bill Meyers. I had several friends listen to the messages and everyone agrees that it is the same voice but that he uses different names. I have made recordings of the voice mails and have them on tape. the company has been given a F by the BBB. Also i have not received and mail or receipts or anything from them. And the only magazines that i am receiving are the same ones that i have been getting for 1 1/2 years.
I will be waiting for time and date to meet them in court in guess. I don't know what else to do but i will be contacting the AGs office here in Michigan and any other law inforcement offices that handle fraud cases like this.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/10/2012 07:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Americas-Elite-Media/Denver-Colorado-/Americas-Elite-Media-Scammers-Denver-Colorado-820879. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on America's Elite Media

Scam

AUTHOR: tom123 - (United States of America)

Yes i have been in the same boat like you and varies others i was call today and had them threaten that they would send it to the collection agency but attempt to have me cancel for 400 dollars. i Feel as if this is a frudary attmept to get money out of my pocket. As i keep research online about the company im look to see if anyone has been taken to court at all or if this just an intemation attmpt to steal money. For you has there be an resoultion?

Omar