Complaint Review: America's Home Takeover

• Updated: Fri, June 13, 2014

• Reported By: IndigoMuse42 — Bedford Texas
America's Home Takeover
Internet, Other USA

America's Home Takeover- Possible Identity Thieves Rental House Scam, Pay to view scheme Internet Other

While searching for Rental homes in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, I came across an advert titled "

5BD/4BA - 2756SF ~~No Credit Check"

Now I know the no credit check thing should have been a tipoff, but I wanted to see what was up.  I sent an email to the address assosciated with the listing and received an email response from Cyndi at America's Home Takeover.com asking me to call her at 701-428-1880.

This was already a warning sign because the contact information was different (as in located in an entirely different state) than the phone number listed on the Craigslist ad.  That phone number has never responded to a voicemail I left.

However, I gave her a call and was advised that she is representing a new company, called America's Home Takeover.  She alleges they represent home owners who are trying to get people to take over their payments to avoid foreclosure.

She directed me to website www.americashometakeover.com .  Another huge warning sign...the site is not well designed at all, and immediately wants credit card information to get even the address of the property I was interested in.

Cyndi advised me that she would give me a code to get the information for only $1, but if I didn't automatically do something or other, I would be charged $49 for the priviledge of even knowing what houses they were represented.

At this point I completely backed off, did not give any credit card information as the whole thing seemed weird.  A realtor doesn't charge you to just know an address of where you are considering.....I looked around on Zillow and found the exact same picture/identifying information of the house they were claiming to represent.

The house was listed as for sale.  I checked the County Appraisers website and confirmed the house is 100% paid off, so not in need of anyone taking over payments (Which is a dangerous idea boys and girls, how do you know you won't be forclosed on?)

I emailed the owner through Zillow asking who is handling the rental of her home.  The person who the appraisal district had as the owner called me and advised the home is for sale, not for rent, and she had not authorized any other companies to represent her home.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/26/2013 05:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Americas-Home-Takeover/Internet-Other/Americas-Home-Takeover-Possible-Identity-Thieves-Rental-House-Scam-Pay-to-view-scheme-1102447. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on America's Home Takeover