Complaint Review: America's Locksmith Services

• Updated: Fri, June 20, 2014

• Reported By: Othni — Irving Texas
America's Locksmith Services
7094 Peachtree Industrial Blvd, Norcross, GA 30071 Irving, Texas USA

America's Locksmith Services STAY AWAY FROM THIS DECEPTIVE COMPANY!!! Irving Texas

I scheduled an appointment with America's Locksmith Services to rekey all the locks in my house because their website says $19 per lock and $19 service call, which appear to be a good deal.  I spoke with the rep, the rep told me rekeying can cost up to $35 per lock.  From experience, I know that only high-security locks should cost more.  Since I have regular locks, I was not expecting to pay on the higher end of the spectrum.

The locksmith came, and looked at my locks and told me he could only rekey the dead bolt but NOT the lock on the knob because I have Defiant locks.  So the only choice I had was to change out the locks, and it would cost $80+ per lock.  I said no deal, as I can change out the locks myself.  I wanted them rekeyed because I thought it would be cheaper.  Then he said he could try rekeying the lock on the knob.  I have only 3 key holes.  He did calculation and told me it would cost $200+ to rekey all 3 locks.  I asked him how he came out with that number, because the website says $19 per lock.  Then he said these locks are hard to rekey, so they cost $35 each to rekey, PLUS labor.  I thought the $35 WAS the labor.  I said no deal.  Then he changed the price to $125 plus tax.  By then I was fed up.  I said I would just pay him the $19 service call fee to get him out of the door.  When I pull out my credit card, he said they charge $5 processing fee for credit card transactions.  I was glad I had some cash with me and paid him $19 cash and saved 5 bucks from the rip-off.

I should have checked the web reviews and BBB.  They got an "F" in BBB.

I then called Mr. Rekey, and they said Defiant locks are standard locks that they rekey.  They only charge $79 to rekey 6 locks.

Stay away from America's Locksmith Services!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/20/2013 02:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Americas-Locksmith-Services/Irving-Texas/Americas-Locksmith-Services-STAY-AWAY-FROM-THIS-DECEPTIVE-COMPANY-Irving-Texas-1077493. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on America's Locksmith Services