Complaint Review: Americas Mattress

• Updated: Mon, July 18, 2011

• Reported By: Randy — Oregon City Oregon USA
Americas Mattress
10822 SE82nd Avenue Portland, Oregon United States of America

Americas Mattress salesman Mike Anderson Promised us a 30 years of Bliss, Deliverd the Torment of the Devil Portland, Oregon

My girlfreind and I are both in our mid fiftys .  I didn't think we were an easy mark. Boy was I wrong Any one that walks into Americas Matterss  on 82nd had better have a lawyer with them Just bend over and kiss yourself goodbey!      Now to what happend to us .  Mike showed us a mattress the sighn on the bed  read   100% Organic , Talalay Latex , 20 year Warranty ,  The mattress is a Arcadia made by Serta , Mike showed us a piece of talalay latex about 2 foot long 1 foot wide, 6 inches thick . Mike tells us this is what this bed is made out of , he explains some of the prosess of making it and tells us it is a better latex than Dunlap , We liked the bed .    The Price is 1699 closeout price He says reg retail is 2995 .  We buy it he gives us 2 Talalay pillows a mattress cover no charge , we are on cloud 9    I Pay with my credit card    Mike asks me to sighn the back of the sales slip . Did I read what I was sighning , of course not, it was all good .   The bed comes 3 days later ,  The firs thing we notice  is the code on the tag that says Do Not Remove  It says yhe warrent is ten years , not the 20 that we paid for ,   So I go on line to find this Arcadia as it turns out it has 2.5 inches of Talalay Latex not the 6 inches Mike showd us The rest of the mattress is made of a high density foam , Why Mike Didn't mention Foam .        As we are finding out they can sell you a bucket of shit ! And it is a no refund bucket of shit .  Bring a Lawyer with you When dealing with this Guy. It will be money well spent.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/18/2011 11:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Americas-Mattress/Portland-Oregon-97045/Americas-Mattress-salesman-Mike-Anderson-Promised-us-a-30-years-of-Bliss-Deliverd-th-755031. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Americas Mattress