Complaint Review: America's Service Station

America's Service Station
4434 Cobb Pkwy NW Acworth, Georgia United States of America

America's Service Station messed up oil change Acworth, Georgia

*Consumer Comment: You sound like a cheapskate

*Consumer Comment: If this car will indeed incur engine damage if even one quart low on oil...

I'll start this story off with some information. I have a 2008 Mustang GT with a supercharger. I took my car in for a SIMPLE oil change. These geniuses mucked it up big time. I provided the oil and the filter. Six quarts, the EXACT amount of oil needed. These guys spilled about a quart of oil on my engine. Because of this, my engine was almost a quart low on oil. Of course, I didn't notice this until it was too late.

This is a big problem because when you full throttle my car, the oil will be sloshed back, and it is imperative that the oil level is at the highest it can possible be. Well, I took my car out to the mountains and cruised around a little the day after my oil change, and gunned it a few times. Because I was low on oil, the G-force sloshed what little oil was actually in the oil-pan back, away from the oil pump and starved something in my engine. I now have a *tick* that sounds a lot like a spun rod bearing. If this is true, I'm looking at about 3,000 dollars worth of repairs from a REPUTABLE shop. I will never deal with these people again. If you cannot complete a simple oil change without screwing something up, then you do not deserve to work on cars.

I also know a friend who had a belt squeal and these people tried to tell him it was because he had a bad fuel pump. DO NOT bring your car to these people. They have terrible service.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/06/2011 11:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Americas-Service-Station/Acworth-Georgia-30101/Americas-Service-Station-messed-up-oil-change-Acworth-Georgia-795678. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on America's Service Station

You sound like a cheapskate

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

Perhaps next time you should spring for the extra quart in case it takes a little more than 6 Quarts.  I doubt it is really out of the ordinary to have to put in another 1/8-1/4 of a quart to "top it off".  If this engine is that sensitive you must already check it often and keep it topped off.  So that extra quart wouldn't have gone to waste, as at worst you would have just used it at your next oil change.

Let me guess as to your next thought.  You have always bought "exactly" 6 quarts and never had an issue?  So is this the first time you brought it here?  Why did you not take it to your regular mechanic?  Please don't say because they had the cheapest price.

By the way did you see them spill the quart of oil?  If so why didn't you get another quart before you went into the Mountains?  If you didn't see them spill how do you know how much they spilled(if any).

If your engine is that sensitive did any of your instrument panel warnings let you know it was low?

Oh and finally please say that once you finally found out you were low on oil you immediately turned off the car and made sure it had enough oil before you drove it anymore.

If this car will indeed incur engine damage if even one quart low on oil...

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

it's a really poor design.

It should have a baffled oil sump or dry sump for a high performance car.

Of course Ford seldom takes these things into account.

"These guys spilled about a quart of oil on my engine. Because of this, my engine was almost a quart low on oil."

Did you check the oil level on the dipstick when you picked up the car?