Complaint Review: America's Service Station

• Updated: Sat, January 26, 2013

• Reported By: Christine W. — Lawrenceville Georgia United States of America
America's Service Station
885 Marathon Pkwy. Lawrenceville, Georgia United States of America

America's Service Station ASS LADIES STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE Lawrenceville, Georgia

Took my vehicle in for a standard oil change and was told not only did  I NEED a coolant flush but my coolant hose needed replacing for an added 150.00 plus labor right away.  Oh then he fired off another 600.00 worth of work that needed to be done.

I felt like I was being shaken down...my car is a  2008.  When I refused any of the work to be done the guy at the desk said if I didn't get it fixed my engine would burn out and be ruined.  They went on to finish the oil change but I felt something was wrong with even that simple task because when I walked out and over to the bay I saw them diddling around.

I immediately drove to the nearby Goodyear and explained what they said at A.S.S. and they took a look at my car.  After being told EVERYTHING was fine I was hugely relieved and 750 plus richer.  All my hose needed was the clamp tightened....HMMM

The next morning I back up to see I have oil on my garage floor.  Not a lot - but over the next few days it increased to about an ounce overnight.  I went under it myself and found the oil filter with oil leaking around it.  I don't know if they did not tighten it on purpose in order to ruin my engine but I wouldn't be surprised at all. STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/26/2013 03:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Americas-Service-Station/Lawrenceville-Georgia-30045/Americas-Service-Station-ASS-LADIES-STAY-AWAY-FROM-THIS-PLACE-Lawrenceville-Georgia-1003979. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on America's Service Station