Complaint Review: America's Tire / Discount Tire

• Submitted: Fri, September 28, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, September 28, 2012

• Reported By: Eddie J. — san carlos California United States of America
America's Tire / Discount Tire
1610 Broadway Redwood City Ca. Redwood City, California United States of America

America's Tire / Discount Tire Will sell you tires that are OLD & out dated Redwood City, California

America's Tire said will price match a General Altimax tire that i priced from Tire easy. So I prepaid for special order and after a week wait and many calls to them it was in the store for pick up and carry out. When i checked the DOT date of manufacture it was almost 2 years old, so I told them this need to be reordered and MUST be DOT dated within this years time frame. So I had to wait another week and several calls later ( they would never call me I had to call them ) another tire came in and was same thing OLD dated also ! So pissed I took one tire and my recipt and left the store, opon leaving the store manager ran out and stole the tire from the back of my vehicle and ran inside as I was trying to keep him from taking it he broke my glasses and some foul language was exchanged. I left and contacted the head office but they never called me back so I filed a police report and looking for Local attorney to file a suit ( If you can help with one please feel free to contact me ) So as of now they have my money and my tire (evidence) But the police report is going to the District Attorney Office.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/28/2012 07:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Americas-Tire-Discount-Tire/Redwood-City-California-94063/Americas-Tire-Discount-Tire-Will-sell-you-tires-that-are-OLD-out-dated-Redwood-Cit-947834. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on America's Tire / Discount Tire