Complaint Review: Americom

33 NE. 2nd St., Fort Lauderdale, Florida United States of America

Americom Americom Won't Take No For An Answer! Fort Lauderdale, Florida

*Consumer Comment: Bills Do Not Come From Verizon

*General Comment: I do not fully agree

I work for a non-profit.  For the past year, Americom has called the business line of this non-profit stating that they are, "Verizon" and that they "need to speak to the person in charge of phones and internet."  They typically call from either 860-256-6820 or 866-824-1770.  I don't think a company who identifies themselves as something else is very trustworthy, so my typical response has been, "Please take us of your list.  We are on the Do Not Call List."  Unfortunately, Americom does not follow directions.  This company calls over thirty times in the course of a month.  They just don't know how to stop.  I've reported them to the BBB and FTC.  Might as well make the full trip and report them here.  Americom is a sleazy, greasy company who does not deserve your business.  Their sales reps are not good at their chosen profession and can not understand simple directions.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/16/2012 01:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Americom/Fort-Lauderdale-Florida-33301/Americom-Americom-Wont-Take-No-For-An-Answer-Fort-Lauderdale-Florida-970263. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Americom

Bills Do Not Come From Verizon

AUTHOR: Anonymous - ()

I was contacted repeatedley by Cosmo Mitchetti at this number trying to get us to switch to Verizon. He introduced himself as a Verizon employee, and gave us a quote. We liked the quote and accepted it. Long story short, due to their errors and scheduling conflicts, they did not come out to install service until 2 months after we accepted the quote. We got a bill for $800 before they even came to install service. And for your information, it is NOT a verizon bill. If you pay attention, at the bottom, it says MCI d/b/a Verizon Business. If you call Verizon's customer service line, they CANNOT find your account or help you with anything, so what does that tell you? SCAM. They are some third party company. I called and they said, "Oh you're right, service has not been set up yet, I will open a case and have it resolved" I never heard back. They came to install service and it was NOT a Verizon employee, it was a subcontractor. They installed service but did not set up our phones and left us with no voicemail and missing lines on our phones. We have been for one month without these features and losing money. I called and email for weeks trying to get our phones set up and nobody responds, not the Winback Group or MCI. Their only job is to reel you in, after that, good luck getting any customer service. I also followed up on the case for the billing and they replied.  "Per contract verbiage under section 3.11, billing will begin when service is available for use, even if numbers were not yet ported in accordance to section 3.10." So basically, once you accept the quote and set up an account, they start the billing cycle. I asked Verizon and they said, "We do not follow that policy, Verizon begins billing once service has been installed." So this company just makes up their own rules to scam people out of money. Do not accept calls from them or listen to their pitch, they are scam artists. If you want Verizon service, do yourself a favor, and just call VERIZON.

#2 General Comment

I do not fully agree

AUTHOR: consumer - ()

I do agree that they call repeatedly, but I disagree mostly with your opinion. You may have gotten a few bad reps, or mistrained reps, but the reps I have spoken with did not misrepresent themselves, they made it clear that they are an authorized dealer of Verizon. I know someone in my area who received a quote from them and also joined Verizon. An employee from Verizon came and installed their phone and internet, and they receive bills directly from Verizon. So that leads me to believe they do not scam, nor rip off. I understand there are always bad apples that work for almost every company, and it seems that unfortunately you spoke with them, fortunately I have spoken with polite reps who, in the end, explained they call through an automated dialer, and unfortunately do not have full control on who they call....... but YES, I 100% agree, they call too much!