Complaint Review: Americom

Americom
33 NE. 2nd St., Fort Lauderdale, Florida United States of America

Americom Americom Won't Take No For An Answer! Fort Lauderdale, Florida

*General Comment: I do not fully agree

I work for a non-profit.  For the past year, Americom has called the business line of this non-profit stating that they are, "Verizon" and that they "need to speak to the person in charge of phones and internet."  They typically call from either 860-256-6820 or 866-824-1770.  I don't think a company who identifies themselves as something else is very trustworthy, so my typical response has been, "Please take us of your list.  We are on the Do Not Call List."  Unfortunately, Americom does not follow directions.  This company calls over thirty times in the course of a month.  They just don't know how to stop.  I've reported them to the BBB and FTC.  Might as well make the full trip and report them here.  Americom is a sleazy, greasy company who does not deserve your business.  Their sales reps are not good at their chosen profession and can not understand simple directions.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/16/2012 01:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Americom/Fort-Lauderdale-Florida-33301/Americom-Americom-Wont-Take-No-For-An-Answer-Fort-Lauderdale-Florida-970263. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Americom

#1 General Comment

I do not fully agree

AUTHOR: consumer - ()

I do agree that they call repeatedly, but I disagree mostly with your opinion. You may have gotten a few bad reps, or mistrained reps, but the reps I have spoken with did not misrepresent themselves, they made it clear that they are an authorized dealer of Verizon. I know someone in my area who received a quote from them and also joined Verizon. An employee from Verizon came and installed their phone and internet, and they receive bills directly from Verizon. So that leads me to believe they do not scam, nor rip off. I understand there are always bad apples that work for almost every company, and it seems that unfortunately you spoke with them, fortunately I have spoken with polite reps who, in the end, explained they call through an automated dialer, and unfortunately do not have full control on who they call....... but YES, I 100% agree, they call too much!