acquired

• Submitted: Mon, March 19, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, March 23, 2007

• Reported By:hemet California
Americredit Auto Financial Services
PO BOX 742137 Dallas, Texas U.S.A.

Americredit Auto Financial Services totally ruined our credit by charging off 1000.00 on our stolen truck! ripoff Dallas Texas

*Consumer Comment: Today is Friday

*Author of original report: USING AMERICREDIT WITH GOOD CREDIT

*Consumer Comment: Thats a little more clear, but...

*Author of original report: MY RUINED CREDIT IS AMERICREDITS FAULT!!!!

*Consumer Comment: How is this Americredit's fault?

We also were screwed over from these guys. We bought a chevy crew cab truck from Weseloh Chevrolet (Carlsbad CA) in August of 2004. We made our payments on time every month and around Christmas time 2005 we got a courtesy call from Americredit asking us if we wanted to have a payment deferred since it was x-mas time and we qualified for this due to making our payments on time since the beginning of our loan.

Well who wouldn't say yes to that especially when your payments are over 500.00 a month, 4 kids, and its x-mas time? Well we did and boy are we paying for it now.

Our truck was stolen September 5,2006 while we were at my husbands grandmothers funeral. All claims and police reports were filed.

Our ins. co. paid but our gap ins left a 1000.00 balance on our loan. I called americredit to let them know what was going on they said they would put our account on hold until our court date. I faxed them all papers they requested in regards to court and still I was getting 4-5 harassing phone calls a day.

Make a really long story kind of short. After paying Americredit $41,670.50 for this stolen, totalled truck they reported it to the 3 credit bureaus as a charge off for remaining balance of $1000.00. We never got anything in the mail from any collection agency or anything. Had I known it was going to be reported as a charge off, I would of paid it and got reimbursed from gap.

Its ok, I have court on friday and then I meet with our lawyer to file the papers against Americredit to remove the charge off.

Meaghan
hemet, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/19/2007 05:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Americredit-Auto-Financial-Services/Dallas-Texas-75374/Americredit-Auto-Financial-Services-totally-ruined-our-credit-by-charging-off-100000-on-o-1030011. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Americredit Auto Financial Services

Today is Friday

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

so let us know how court goes.

USING AMERICREDIT WITH GOOD CREDIT

Well Steve,
We didn't HAVE to go through Americredit, however, we have had loans through them in the past with minor problems that were fixed on their behalf for their mistake which didn't effect our credit. This situation isn't a matter of how high my fico score was.

When we buy a vehicle we shop for the best rate. We were offered some pretty good rates however, Americredit offered us a lower rate by 2%.

So,in response to your comment,Americredit doesn't do loans for only the people who have BAD credit.I know this for a fact.

Thanks for you concern though and Iam sure you will have a come back for this response also.

Thats a little more clear, but...

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

people with FICO scores in the mid-700s DO NOT use Americredit, because they dont HAVE to!

Steve,
First of all, we are taking our gap ins to court on friday for the $1000.00. However americredit was to put our account on hold until this court hearing due to what they call " Insurance payment hold".

Its not like we just stopped making our payments,fell behind and they came and took the truck. It was stolen,used to transport drugs to mexico and then wrecked.They declared the truck a total loss.

After americredit got over $ 41,000.00 from us they did not call or send anything in the mail in regards to it being reported as a charge off on our credit.The 4-5 calls a day was to see if we had heard anything from gap and if the court date was still valid and to inform us that whoever wins in court has to pay the $1000.00 balance.

Now that charge off will be on my credit for SEVEN years. My fico score went from mid seven hundred down to mid five hundreds. A charge off is just as bad as a bk. So yea Iam just a little upset.

You say that your not a big fan of americredit but you sure jumped on this report in their defense.If you would of read my report again you would have known that there is and has only been one court date and that it is our gap ins were taking to court.

This is about AMERICREDIT ruining our credit without any call or letter pertaining to the charge off. We were not even sent to collections first.

So Steve I hope I explained this a little more clearly for you and answered any questions you had as to why this report was filed about americredit and not gap. Gap has it comming to dont worry!!

Steve,

How is this Americredit's fault?

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

I am NO fan of Americredit, but shouldnt this report be filed against the GAP insurance company??

What was the first court date for? Why were they going to put everything on hold?

They were calling you 4-5 times a day and you didnt know they were going to take SOME kind of action? Why didnt you just pay the $1000 that was left and "get reimbursed" from gap? You must have been aware of it since you called them to work something out.

And MOST people that are forced to used Americredit cant afford an attorney, so let us know how court goes.

"BUYER BEWARE. DON'T GO THROUGH AMERICREDIT NO MATTER HOW DESPERATE YOU ARE TO GET A CAR OR HOW GOOD THE FINANCING SOUNDS. YOU WILL GET RIPPED OFF!"

THIS I agree with 1000%!