Complaint Review: Americredit Financial Services

• Submitted: Tue, January 15, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, January 15, 2008

• Reported By:Bowman South Carolina
Americredit Financial Services
Post Office Box 182963 Arlington, Texas U.S.A.

Americredit Financial Services Not A Chance After Bankruptcy Dismissal Arlington Texas

I was out of work since August, 2007. My husband and I in the last several months have went through some unforseeable hardships. My husband is a truck driver and our truck went down one week before the last payment. Which meant my husband have to drive the company truck until we get our truck back on the road; however, the money isn't the same as being an owner/operator.

We had to be dismissed from bankruptcy because we were unable to make the high bankruptcy payment and continue to pay other bills. Our mortgage company called and gave us the opportunity to make a payment and they attached the other payment to the end of the loan. However, Americredit Financial Services company never gave us a chance after being dismissed from bankruptcy. We were out of town December 6-10 and when we returned the car was gone.

On December 5th, we became two months behind on our payments (with a 10 days grace period), when we contacted Americredit we found out that they repo the car on December 7th. I tried telling the representative that I can pay the two payments that day, she told me someone from the reinstatement department will call me back and I never got a call back. I called everyday until December 21st and never got a call back.

I received a letter in the mail on December 21st from Americredit "Notice of Right to Redeem". I called americredit again and then I was able to speak with someone who told me I had until December 22nd to redeem my car or it was going to the auction. She quoted me a figure to redeem my car and I asked where did she get that figure, because the one I have from bankruptcy is $5,000 less than what she quoted. She then said, "oh, you got that figure from bankruptcy, ah, we will go with that figure." Of course Americredit wanted the full remaining balance and we were unable to come up with the balance on the car.

When I went to pick-up my possessions from the company that towed the car, they were pulling in cars and their were 5 other boxes with individual's names and their possession and low and behold all the boxes had Americredit on them.

Where did this company come from? I am interested in a class-action lawsuit. Americredit should not be able to do this to people, we work hard for what we have.

Bowman, South Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/15/2008 08:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Americredit-Financial-Services/Arlington-Texas-76096-2963/Americredit-Financial-Services-Not-A-Chance-After-Bankruptcy-Dismissal-Arlington-Texas-300152. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Americredit Financial Services