Complaint Review: Americredit Financial

• Submitted: Sat, June 26, 2004
  • Updated: Sat, June 26, 2004

• Reported By:Colonial Heights Virginia
Americredit Financial
P.O.Box 78143 Fort Worth, Texas U.S.A.

Americredit Financial Rip Offs Harrassing Phone Calls lead me to a nervous breakdown Fort Worth Texas

I was living in NY and work in NJ, I needed a car to get from A to B. I had a Camry but it kept breaking down, my job was on the line and I had no choice to do what I had to do to save my employment. When I was approved the dealer used my old car as a down payment towards a Ford Escort. They claimed that I was only approved for a new car; not used. I was naive , I believed that crap.

The car cost approximately $10,000, and with Americredits finance charges it became $28,000. The payments I was promised was for $300.00 became $400.00. I sacrificed and paid off late $18,000.(not including the defer payments and western union fees) When I got to the point that I couldn't take it anymore because of the harrassing phone calls everyday at work and at home, I finally asked them to take the vehicle. They said that I had a $10,000 upside down and that the bank wouldn't want to repo the car anyway. That they didn't care how I'd do it whether it was borrowing the money but to make the payments. this made me even more anxious that I lost my mind and work 16 hours a day just to make these payments and kept taking advances to make more payment.

I don't understand defering a payment would make me up to date I asked but they kept asking me to defer the payments by sending in 2 months a head. And I did that. Then finally one day driving home and you get another phone call on my cell phone that repo was on to me and as soon I park the car they'll take it.

My nervous breakdowns became worse when I got evicted from my apartment so I took my 4 year old son, left my 7 year job and left the state.

I'm not attacking anyone, and maybe it was my fault for not making my payments on time. But two wrongs don;'t make a right, they abused my financial situation and flipped it.

But If you ask me if I was riped off? Yes from the dealership and Americredit.

And I strongly agree with the class action suit. I feel that the harassing phone calls were too extreme, they ripped me off for $18,000 for a car thats now worth $4,000.00 and I would add pain and suffering.

Marisol
Colonial Heights, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/26/2004 05:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Americredit-Financial/Fort-Worth-Texas-85062/Americredit-Financial-Rip-Offs-Harrassing-Phone-Calls-lead-me-to-a-nervous-breakdown-Fort-96579. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Americredit Financial