Complaint Review: Americredit

• Updated: Mon, May 10, 2010

• Reported By: corey — denton Texas United States of America
Arlington, Texas United States of America

Americredit North American Acceptance Corporation Fraud Arlington , Texas

*Consumer Comment: Are you sure..

Hello, Mr. Parckard I just wanted to touch base with you and let you know what has been going on with Americredit.
We bought a 2001 montero limited in 05 from stadium auto in arlington texas and the loan was through triad fin. at first then it was moved to roadloans then to North American Acceptance Corp out of Costa Mesa CA. Then I guess it was sold to Americredit. Now, I had a accident on 1/28/2010 and it totaled the truck out. I have paid $8600 to Americredit in about 1 year and 6 months or so maybe less. Once I totaled the vechicle I began to go through the steps with my insurance company to make sure Americredit gets paid and my GAP coverage is good. Well this is where the issue gets sticky, I asked Americredit to talk with the GAP insurance company OwnerGuard, OwnerGuard informs Americredit that they have no record of GAP insurance for my vehicle but the GAP insurance payment is on the front of the orginal contract. So at this point something doesn't feel right, so I ask americredit to send me the orginal loan contract that they had on file and they sent me a forged document, someone from Americredit signed my name and sent the contract to me. I know that it was forgery because I have a copy of the original contract that I signed with north american acceptance corp. They have broken the law and I want my $14,000 dollars back! I would like to fax over the documents that I have along with the one of contracts that Americredit sent me that were forged!
Please Contact me back at  (((ROR redacted)))

Thanks for your help in this matter!!

This attorney has informed me that I have a very strong case, but told that he would gladly take the case if I could find more people to join in a Class Action Law suit against Americredit. I have been on this board looking at all the complaints and fraud that Amercredit is committing. If anyone has a good paper trail and documentation on the abuse and fraud that Americredit has done to you PLEASE Give me a call at 940-594-8310. I will be looking to hear from you all that want to hit these theives were it will hurt them their pocket book please give me at call.

I have a very strong case against these guys so please join me!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/10/2010 10:31 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Americredit/Arlington-Texas-76208/Americredit-North-American-Acceptance-Corporation-Fraud-Arlington-Texas-601566. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Americredit

Are you sure..

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

Are you positive that Americredit "forged" the paperwork?

Look at this logically.  What would the motivation for Americredit to forge documents saying you don't have GAP coverage?  They don't stand to gain any money, in fact if you end up not being able to pay them they actually loose money.  You are also implicating the insurance company in this scam, as they would have to say that you didn't have GAP coverage when in fact it would have been paid for many years ago even before Americredit came into the picture.

So if you have the original and they have a "forged" copy.  Did someone forge your signature and change the terms..yes.  The question is who, and unless you have some other proof that you left out.  Going after Americredit is probably not your best course of action.

First I would actually go back to the original dealer, and hopefully they are still in business.  They actually have the most to gain by pulling something like this.  Because if they charged your for GAP coverage and never paid the company they would have just made off with that money.  Then it would be logical for them to try and hide that fact by writing a new contract, minus the GAP coverage.  This would also explain why the insurance company has no record of your coverage.  There are at least 3-4 major felonies going on if this is what happend, and forgery would probably be the least of them.  A second possibility is that the insurance company is lying.  In that your coverage was somehow "misplaced" so that they don't have to pay.

I hope that your lawyer is not the one pushing the Americredit angle, especially if he is charging you up front.  Because you may be getting ripped off again.

Good Luck