Complaint Review: Amerigas

• Submitted: Mon, February 16, 2004
  • Updated: Thu, July 06, 2006

• Reported By:Brunswick Georgia
Amerigas
Hwy 341 Brunswick, Georgia U.S.A.

Amerigas replacement part with no explaination Brunswick Georgia

*UPDATE Employee: Brunswick Complaint

*Consumer Suggestion: Lease or Own? There should be no charge for repair work on company owned eguipment

We have lived at the same residents for 6 years. At first ordering gas was not a problem. We started to notice we were ordering propane every other month. Sometimes filling the tank or just 50 gallons being we were going through the gas so rapidly. We called asking for someone to check our tank, in which they did. Still going through gas at a rapid amount. Called asked to check the tank again, In which they did. We were told if they had to come and check the tank again they would have to charge us. So we did not call them again.

At the time I guess another company was taking over. Once the new company took over, within 2 months they replaced a part on the tank. No explanation why they replaced the part. So I called they state they did not know what we were talking about. They told me they would look in to it and never called us back. This time we called to gas. The District Man. at this place named Cheryl was very rude to my husband and states that he was vulger. In which he was not, (I was sitting next to him at the time). She told him when he has money to call back. When my husband asked for her supervisors number she then hung up the phone.

We have been late in the past. But we only wanted to get gas and pay for it on Friday, which was when he got paid. And the day was Tuesday. We then went and prepaid for the gas on Friday, she said it would be delivered by Tuesday. Well Tuesday we called about 4:30 because they gas had not been delivered yet.

They state they did not have a delivery slip written out nor did they have any kind of payment accepted from us. I then had to go in the next day and show my receipt to verify that we had paid. Cheryl (DM) then stated she needed my phone number to call, because someone needed to be present at the time of delivery. We have never had to be there when gas was deivered (why this time) I confronted her that same morning as to why she was being so rude on the phone. She could not explain and asked the co-worker Judy about the call with my husband. I feel we have been cheated on our gas for 6 going on 7 years and they have done nothing to fix this problem.

I then called a number they finally gave me and placed a complaint on Cheryl(DM).No one has called me nor my husband on this matter nor have they said anything about the part they replace since 2002. something neds to be done about this. Thats why I am here now. If anyone will answer me to let us know what will happen to our lost of gas in the past 6 years.

Very Upset Customer!

Very upset Customer
Brunswick, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/16/2004 06:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Amerigas/Brunswick-Georgia-31525/Amerigas-replacement-part-with-no-explaination-Brunswick-Georgia-80641. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Amerigas

AUTHOR: Terry - (U.S.A.)

I just discovered this site. I am the Market Manager responsible for this area. I am sorry you had problems with our company. During times when one company is being bought by another records and ohter information becomes disorted. Understand that not only did Amerigas buy the office located in Brunswick but several hundred offices across the country, it was a big undertaking.

If you owned the tank and reported a issue, then you should have been charged for the part. If you leased the tank then you should have not been charged, it is as simple as that.

The insensitivity of Cheryl the named manager is unacceptable as is that of the person Judy. These two persons are no longer employed by our company.

Amerigas has a resolution system in place for customer complaints. We take each and everyone very seriously and will work to resolve any issue that may arise. If you are still concerned about this complaint after this amount of time feel free to contact my office directly. My number has and will continue to be posted in the front of all my offices for any customer contacts. If you contact the Brunswick office I assure you they will provide you with the number. I do not feel it is necessary to post the number where it is availble across the net.

#4 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Randy - (U.S.A.)

In response to your question about the part. Do you own the tank or lease it from the company? you never mentioned if they charged you for the supposed repair but if you were going through propane that fast it's very possible. I work for a company in the midwest and leaks are common. There should be no charge for repair work on company owned eguipment. What size tank is it? At the very least the company should adjust the bill for approximate gallons lost due to the leak.