• Report: #319882

Complaint Review: Amerigas

• Submitted: Fri, March 21, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, March 21, 2008

• Reported By:Canal Winchester Ohio
amerigas.com Canal Winchester, Ohio U.S.A.

Amerigas inflated prices and extra charges for pickup of tank Canal Winchester Ohio

Wow what a ripoff these people are! I had just built a new home in 2003 and was new to the propane gas business and shopped around for what I thought was the best "Deal". I went with Amerigas big mistake! Sure the rate was great at first like a 1.399 for the fill up and 1st year. After that it was a fight for a fair price year after year, if you didn't pay a fee for a "lock in" price you were fair game. The "lock in fee" made the gas the same high price per gallon, go figure. Why would your customer have to pay a fee? Once you have their tank it is illegal by law to have another gas company fill up someone elses tank. I would suggest home owners to buy their tank so you can shop around every year for the best prices. Finally in Dec. 2007 after several attemps to get a fair price for gas I decided to change companies, they were trying to get close to $3.00 a gal. So when I called for the pick up of their tank, I was told of their termination fees, pumping out the gas and picking up the tank. I ran the tank empty and then call to have it picked up. That was in Dec. 2007, it's now almost the end of March and guess what the tank is still in my yard. I have called 3 times to remind them and even told them I will be charging storage fees for their tank on my property of $50.00 a month. I'm sure I won't see any money from them after reading the way they have treated other customers on this site. If I treated customers like they do I would be out of business. Please help put them out of business USE SOMEONE ELSE!

Canal Winchester, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/21/2008 07:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Amerigas/Canal-Winchester-Ohio-43110/Amerigas-inflated-prices-and-extra-charges-for-pickup-of-tank-Canal-Winchester-Ohio-319882. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Amerigas