- Report: #660353
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Amerigas
Amerigas1021 S. Main Street Columbia, Tennessee United States of America
Amerigas Bad business practices Columbia, Tennessee
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
1. We signed up for propane gas service in November 2009 and were quoted a yearly tank lease of $40.00. Yesterday we received a bill for $65.55, WITHOUT A WRITTEN THIRTY DAY NOTIFICATION.
2. Amerigas did an 'automatic refill' on 11/09/2010 and we are NOT ON THE AUTOMATIC REFILL program. They show they put 92.5 gallons in our tank, however in 2009, they put 64.6 gallons in the tank on 12/01/09, when my husband checked the gauge on 11/07/2010, it showed we still had 2/3 of the 64.6 they delivered last year.Our only gas appliance in our home is a set of gas logs in the fireplace in the living room. Since we don't use the fireplace that much it could very well take us three winters to use the 92.5 they just delivered WITHOUT OUR PERMISSION.
When I called to complain, I was told we signed a contract agreeing to the larger (250 gal.) tank, and we signed up for'automatic delivery'. The contract in OUR files does NOT show either of those items being agreed to by us at the time we signed with Amerigas, so someone in the local office changed the original contract and they put us on automatic delivery. When I asked how we got on the 'automatic delivery' list, I was told, "Oh, we automatically put you on the list after you have been doing business with us for at least three months"!!!!!!!!
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/10/2010 08:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Amerigas/Columbia-Tennessee-38401/Amerigas-Bad-business-practices-Columbia-Tennessee-660353. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.