Complaint Review: Ameriplan USA

Ameriplan USA
5700 Democracy Dr. Plano, Texas United States of America

Ameriplan USA ripoff Plano Texas

*UPDATE Employee: It happens sometimes

*UPDATE Employee: In response to your member number...

*Author of original report: I am not saying that Ameriplan is not legit or a great service, but it is a possibility, that your company just dropped the ball this time.

*UPDATE Employee: Address Change at the Post Office

I signed up for Ameriplan benefits through one of their independent brokers 3 months ago. I never received my member package. When I did not receive anything after a month, I called back.

They had the wrong apartment number, which was understandable. I corrected the discrepancy and was told a new packet would be sent to me. I still did not receive anything in the mail.

I still have yet to see my member packet, and so I called to see if I could possibly get my money refunded. I was told no because it has been over 30 days. This was something I was not told. I also was not told my member number. Essentially I have been paying for a service I have been unable to use for three months!

The customer service rep I spoke with blamed me for moving and not giving my change of address, even though they had a month to send me a second packet before I actually moved, and I made sure I left my forwarding address through the post office.

I am not saying that Ameriplan is not a legit or great company, I am just sounding off because I had a bad experience, and no one was willing to do anything about it except send me another damn packet.

Michaela Sacramento, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/22/2005 02:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ameriplan-USA/Plano-Texas-75024/Ameriplan-USA-ripoff-Plano-Texas-147120. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ameriplan USA

It happens sometimes

AUTHOR: Greg - (U.S.A.)

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. I can assure you that what happened to you does happen from time to time. But is not an occurence that should be expected.

I had that happen to a member before and it all boiled down to human error on AmeriPlans part.
It happens from time to time and you have every right to sound off about it.

But all in all you have the right attitude to state that it was a bad experience based upon mistakes rather than your heading stating that AmeriPlan was a ripoff.

In response to your member number...

AUTHOR: Kristen - (U.S.A.)

If you never recieved your member number why didn't you take that up with the broker you bought the plan from? They own their own home business and you bought from them. If there was a problem with the processing of the package or recieving your number, I do believe you may have gotten a better response from the company if someone who works for them would have requested the information, that is part of a brokers job...to keep their clients happy.
I am not defending the company, but I do believe there would have been better steps to take in order to resolve your problem. Make the broker handle it, they are the ones you bought from.

AUTHOR: Michaela - (U.S.A.)

The reason I do not think it is the post office is because I started to receive my mail at my new address about a week after I moved. I have even received packages that I had to pay money for, because the post office does not forward packages for free. So,it would seem to me,that there was no problem with the post office forwarding my mail.

The reason I am so disgruntled is because this is the second time that I have had to request a packet, and Ameriplan has been debiting my account since I signed up.I didn't even know my member number, so I haven't even been able to use this since I signed up.When I did call to check on this, no one wanted to take responsibility, and the representative that I spoke with even blamed me when I know that they have had ample time to send me a packet, even before I moved.

I know you are trying to defend your company, but think back to a time when you have been a paying consumer, and have received less than desirable results. Like I mentioned in my post before, I am not saying that Ameriplan is not legit or a great service, but it is a possibility, that your company just dropped the ball this time.

AUTHOR: Al - (U.S.A.)

How do you know it's AmeriPlan's fault and not the Post Office's fault? Did you get all your other mail at your new address? Even if you fill out an address change card at the Post Office, doesn't always mean the Post Office for your new address will deliver your mail. Your mail may accumulate for weeks at the new Post Office until you call looking for it or they may even send it back. It's happened to me multiple times when I've moved.

I've had to call the Post Office to get them to deliver my mail at my new address even though I filled out an address change card. If you're expecting a package from me and I give it to one of your relatives and I tell them to give it to you and they don't give it to you, who are you going to be mad at? Me of course, even though it's not my fault.