Complaint Review: Ameriprise Insurance Company

• Updated: Sun, July 08, 2012

• Reported By: Ron — Garland Texas United States of America
Ameriprise Insurance Company
De Pere, Wisconsin United States of America

Ameriprise Insurance Company Canceled my homeowners policy due to their admitted error, then offered to reinstate my policy @ a much higher rate. De Pere Wisconsin

*Author of original report: Progressive Casualty insurance Company didn't make the data error or cancel my policy, it was their partner underwriting company.

On 6/22/2012 I sent Progressive my checking account information so they could start debiting my checking account for my home owners policy, which in an e-mail stated it would be a total of $889.00 annually paid with a $149.00 down and $74 for the next 10 months.  On  6/23/12 I received an confirmation e-mail that my policy was in effect and that they would begin debiting my account, so I cancelled my Allstate policy which was costing me $1900.00 annually for the same coverage.

On 7/06/12 I received a cancellation notice from Progressive for failure to pay and that in order to have it reinstated I would have to pay a years  premium in advance. I called Progressive who after investigating the situation found out that although I sent them the correct account information Progressive entered my checking account incorrectly and therefore the debit they sent to my bank was declined.  Because of their mistake I had no homeowners insurance from 6/23/2012 thru 7/06/2012. Progressive in an email told me that it was their mistake and that they would take care of it.

About an hour later I received an e-mail from the women I spoke with stating that it was their fault and that they have reinstated my policy at a higher price. The new charge would be $162 for the first two months and $81.97 for the next 10 months.  Not only did I not have homeowners insurance for two weeks but once they found out it was their fault, instead of giving me a better price for my trouble, they increased the premium by $100.00.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/07/2012 08:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ameriprise-Insurance-Company/De-Pere-Wisconsin-/Ameriprise-Insurance-Company-Canceled-my-homeowners-policy-due-to-their-admitted-error-th-908277. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ameriprise Insurance Company

AUTHOR: angryman - (United States of America)

On July 7th 2012, I mistakenly reported that Progressive Casualty Insurance Company incorrectly entered my checking account data and later canceled my homeowners policy. Progressive was only the referring agent and had nothing to do with these errors and cancellation.

The responsible party is their underwriter and is the company that I sent my info to. Their underwriter made the errors, canceled my policy and reinstated it at a higher rate without consulting with or notifying Progress. Progressive was not at fault and merely forwards initial homeowners quote requests to their partnering underwriters.