Complaint Review: Ameriquest - Amc

• Updated: Thu, July 26, 2007

• Reported By:Stevensville Maryland
Ameriquest - Amc
Orange, California U.S.A.

Ameriquest - Amc Mortgage Co. Took 4 Months to do loan modification, was told it would take 4 weeks. ripoff Orange California

We have been with amc mortgage co now for alittle over 2 years. when we ran in to trouble last year because of the death of my father and car problems we fell behind on our bills also our house payment. I called amc to ask them what we could do to fix the problem. 3 months behind. I was told that they could do a loan modification this would take 4 weeks.

After sending them a pile of paperwork by fax I waited and waited and waited. When i called them 5 weeks later the person i had been dealing with was no longer working there. Someone elese was taking over, again i had to fax all new paper work.

this happened 5 times 5 new people 5 new faxes over 5 months. They told me they were going to lower my payment and put the behind payments on the end of the loan. When i called every month to ask about sending payment they told me to wait until the mod was done. when they finally finished with me the payment was higher and i was told to send them 5,700 dollars. I sent them the money not sure where it went.

After this long process with them and what i had heard about the company, we tryed to refiance to another company and were told that our credit report is showing us as 5 months late on our house payment,Itwas AMC that took 5 months to do the loan mod,now we are stuck with them and our credit is bad. When i called them they will not call back. HELP

Joseph
Stevensville, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/26/2007 05:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ameriquest-Amc/Orange-California/Ameriquest-Amc-Mortgage-Co-Took-4-Months-to-do-loan-modification-was-told-it-would-tak-263269. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ameriquest - Amc