Complaint Review: Ameriquest Mortgage Company

• Submitted: Tue, February 10, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, February 10, 2009

• Reported By:Norwalk Ohio
Ameriquest Mortgage Company
202 Montrose West Ave, Ste.240, Akron, Ohio U.S.A.

Ameriquest Mortgage Company Ripped me off after being offered full payoff & foreclosed on me anyway, forcing me to CH.13 bankruptcy Akron Ohio

This mortgage company was offered payoff in full on a mortgage note of $41,000, which they stated was the payoff amount and agreed to accept, they were sent this via cashier's check, overnight delivery. The next day my lawyer was informed they could not and would not accept this as payoff. Two weeks later the sheriff posted a notice on my front door stating that this property was going to auction.

With my attorney, I had to file Ch. 13 bankruptcy. They finally settled for $76,000 in October. This is the amount they wanted because of late fees, legal fees, and interest on loan and late fees. The haggling went on for nine months, ruined my credit for 10 yrs. and has caused a rift in my family, not to mention several jobs, good paying jobs I was denied, the strain on my health, and my family's health and the headaches of now having to drive a 17 yr. old vehicle which is falling apart.

Out of this it has costed me over $5,000 in legal bills, and $18,000 in medical bills since 2001 and trying to hang in there earning less than $10,000 per year,which is all I can get now. No legal aid available to help and no lawyer here will continue on my case. Time is running out in more ways than one. Wish I could find some legal help, cannot afford anymore now. I am 50 now and will have to work three jobs until I die unless things change just to keep my only investment and a roof over my head. Do not even consider this company! Anyone financed with them would do well to refinance elsewhere!!

Norwalk, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/10/2009 03:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ameriquest-Mortgage-Company/Akron-Ohio-44321/Ameriquest-Mortgage-Company-Ripped-me-off-after-being-offered-full-payoff-foreclosed-on-422580. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ameriquest Mortgage Company