Complaint Review: Ameriquest Mortgage, HomEq Servicing

• Submitted: Wed, November 10, 2010
  • Updated: Fri, February 11, 2011

• Reported By: Tamara — Fort Worth Texas United States of America
Ameriquest Mortgage, HomEq Servicing

Ameriquest Mortgage, HomEq Servicing Foreclosed on home but listed it as abandoned. Internet

*Consumer Comment: Do I still have a home Loan?

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Help against HomEq

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Help against HomEq

*Consumer Comment: You need legal advice

To whom ever may read this. I am in need of some help. I have recently been made aware that I still own a portion of land that was to be included in a foreclosure done by Ameriquest Mortgage but serviced by HomEq Servicing. Back in 2006 I was advised that Ameriquest was foreclosing on my home even though I had been making payments every month. I attempted to fight then but could not get an attorney to take the case.

The house set on 3/4 of an acre, which included the house and imediate back yard and an addition lot that another house could have been built on. When it was foreclosed on they took the whole 3/4 of an acre and the house in the foreclosure.

About a month ago I received a letter from the tax office saying that taxes from 2006 to present day were due on the extra lot, and that I am still listed as the owner of said lot.

In doing some research I have discovered that when the house was "sold" at auction a new deed was not issued for the buyer. The house has been bought and sold 5 times since 2006 and all other sales show a deed number but that very first one shows no deed.

What I need to know before I contact an attorney is if the house and all land, including the extra lot, was foreclosed on how am I still the owner of the extra lot? And since there is no deed listed for that first sale was the house legally sold, or could I possibly still be the owner of the house as well?

If anyone out there has any input or had a similar situation please feel free to respond. I need all the help I can get.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/10/2010 01:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ameriquest-Mortgage-HomEq-Servicing/internet/Ameriquest-Mortgage-HomEq-Servicing-Foreclosed-on-home-but-listed-it-as-abandoned-Inte-660478. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ameriquest Mortgage, HomEq Servicing

Do I still have a home Loan?

AUTHOR: dPepper - (United States of America)

I was looking at my credit report this morning, and found that Ameriquest Mortgage had not specifically stated that my home had been foreclosed on in 2005. Instead what I found was I was still listed as having a contract or loan with them with the last payment made 2 years after I lost the home. The house in question was sold right away, and there has been no tax notices sent to me that I own the property or owe back taxes on it.  It does state that now I owe 180K on it with a past due balance of over 5K, with payments of over 1700/mo.  The balance owed when I lost it was only 115K, back in 2005. I have tried everything I can to contact someone of this matter including disputing it on my credit report, and looking up and calling every contact number I could find for Ameriquest and Citi residential lending, and come up with ALL incorrect numbers. Either disconnected, or does not belong to those companies anymore.  I don't appreciate them messing up my already bad credit due to the foreclosure, but now it looks as if I owe 180K on a house I don't even live in, and looks as if I am overextended on credit because of the high amounts of this inaccurate loan, along with my student loans. If you find out anything please let me know. I hope I don't  need an attorney to fight this, I still have not recovered from economic crises that occurred in 2008.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Help against HomEq

AUTHOR: Jay - (USA)

Hello-I am sorry to hear  what happened.I recently got involved in saving my mom's house.I dealt w/ the same bullshit-the banks hiding behind smoke and mirrors. I got transfered around from bank to bank-Wells Fargo-HomEq-Old Republic-Barclays-Ocwen. We ended up suing all the companies-because none of them would take responsibity for their actions. We ended up getting her house back -there is hope.Banks do not care-but you can not sit back and wait. We were aggressive and it worked. I saw how banks deal w/ people and I became fed up w/ their dont care attitude. I am working w/ this company helping others like my mom get their house back. Email me and I can tell you what we did-it might work for you.

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Help against HomEq

AUTHOR: Jay - (USA)

You need legal advice

AUTHOR: MovingForward - (United States of America)

It is not possible to tell you what you want to know without a complete review of all the paperwork by an attorney that specializes in real estate. Anything someone would say on a site like this is speculation at best.

Don't go to just any attorney as your situation is complex. Find a real estate attorney in your area to review all of the documentation. Good luck.