Complaint Review: Ameriquest Mortgage

• Updated: Wed, March 21, 2007

• Reported By:Davison Michigan
Ameriquest Mortgage
Davison, Michigan U.S.A.

Ameriquest Mortgage ripoff Another inflated appraisal leaving me without options Davison Michigan

*Consumer Comment: Inflated Appraisal

I too was involved in the inflated appraisal by Ameriquest to the tune of 30,000.00 They put me in an ARM with the promise that I could refinance in 1 year provided I made the payments on time. They then sold my loan to Countrywide Home Loans. I tried to refinance with a perfect pay history of 2 years and when the appraisal was done it came in 30,000 less than the house is worth. I have an ARM that constantly goes up (3 times in 1 year) and the wonderful 8% loan is now at 10.25 and will be going up again in August. If this continues I will not be able to make the payments. I contacted the Attorney General and they told me if I was included in the lawsuit against Ameriquest they would let me know by summer. I never heard, contacted them again and they said I must not have been included. I know for a fact I sent the form back mailed to me and got nothing. Can I go after them by myself?

Sheila
Davison, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/15/2007 07:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ameriquest-Mortgage/Davison-Michigan/Ameriquest-Mortgage-ripoff-Another-inflated-appraisal-leaving-me-without-options-Davison-M-239149. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ameriquest Mortgage

#1 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Ken - (U.S.A.)

Read both of the Holland Michigan post here on this fine web site. Thier is an attorney here that is helping many many people keep their homes from foreclosure.

We have done nothing wrong get in touch with a Hall here in Holland Mi and he will get you the help you need. tell them your story and all foreclosure papers will stop.

Keep your head up and fight this company and lets all put them out of bussiness.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

#3 Consumer Suggestion

#4 Consumer Suggestion

Inflated Appraisal

AUTHOR: Thomas - (U.S.A.)

Most people do not understand the inflated appraisal. They assume the people complaining are given this money, what people need to understand is simple. The inflated appraisel is what mortgage companies swallow up with fees and other costs. The consumer gets nothing or very little. So when someone says hey I can't refi my house its because they have not spent this money, its because that money never got to the consumer. The consumer pays for an inflated mortgage at both ends, in payments and in upfront costs for mortgage. So that's why you see all these complaints against the mortgage companies its a rip off pure and simple.

What i wish someone would explain to me is how do the mortgage companies win in a foreclosure. Do they get some kind of major tax break. But it looks like this scheme is fixing to back fire big time, with major mortgage companies on the stock market. I think the glass slipper is off and its time to pay the piper for the dance.