Complaint Review: Ameriquest

• Submitted: Sat, February 18, 2006
  • Updated: Sat, February 18, 2006

• Reported By:Naperville Illinois
ameriquest.co Naperville, Illinois U.S.A.

Ameriquest Aka Argent Mortgage deceptive practices, and false closing ripoff Naperville Illinois

Please allow me to tell my story with Ameriquest. Three years ago, I wanted to convert a land contract with a friend of mine to a mortgage. My credit was shaky, and, not too many companies would talk to me. Well, Ameriquest did, and, guess what? I was pre-approved.

We filled out the preliminary paperwork, and three days later, were notified we needed some additional paperwork, and then we could close. We supplied that paperwork, and, two days after that, we signed the closing papers.

We were told that after 7 business days, we would receive our funding. After 7 business days, I was told I needed more paperwork. I supplied this, and waited another two days.

Once more, I was told I needed more paperwork. They even wanted my friend's bank account info. Finally, after three weeks lies, and broken promises, we were told they couldn't help us, because our credit was bad.

I went to another company, and in three weeks, was approved, and received my part of the funds. Who bought the mortgage, but Ameriquest.

I didn't want any part of them, but paid for a while, and re-financed. When I did this, I went through a broker, who, got me refinanced by Argent Mortgage Company,aka Ameriquest.

They had an appraiser come over, who, even though the condo was falling apart, appraised it at 25000 more than six months before.

We were promised a good interest rate, but, upon the day of closing, our rate, and payment increased. Also, I was told, that by law, we were to receive a copy of all signed documents.

This never happened.

Needless to say, after fighting the payments for four months, we lost our house due to foreclosure. We tried to make arrangements with them, but, they don't have any way to help people, and would only increase our payments to "help us catch up" in about a year. All I can say is good riddance, and I will never recommend this company to anyone.

Naperville, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/18/2006 06:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ameriquest/Naperville-Illinois/Ameriquest-Aka-Argent-Mortgage-deceptive-practices-and-false-closing-ripoff-Naperville-Il-176969. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ameriquest