specimen

• Updated: Sat, June 11, 2011

• Reported By: Rhoopes — pasco Washington United States of America
Amerisave Mortgage Company
atlanta, Georgia United States of America

Amerisave Mortgage Company Lied to, promised, and never delivered a thing as a former employee. SCAM atlanta, Georgia

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Former employee myself...

*Consumer Comment: sounds like....

This company was one of the worst ran and un-professional companies I ever worked for.  I was told at time of being offered a position, that I would be paid a base plus commission structure.  When I started working It took me about a month to get any loans going and to finally get my first commission check only to find that it all but $253.00 went to cover the base, or what I thought was a base.  It was actually a fully recoverable or payable back draw which left me  broke with no money to even live off of and  so I left and now they are trying to get my unemployment benefits denied as one for unethical practice of many they try.  I was also told to lie by my supervisor on my hours so that I wouldn't get the draw and then I would have to worry about having to pay it back?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/01/2010 06:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Amerisave-Mortgage-Company/atlanta-Georgia-/Amerisave-Mortgage-Company-Lied-to-promised-and-never-delivered-a-thing-as-a-former-emp-588557. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Amerisave Mortgage Company

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Former employee myself...

AUTHOR: marketleader - (USA)

I worked for Amerisave from 2008-2011.

1) During my tenure Amerisave never offered a salary + commission. To my knowledge it has always been 100% commission based and was during the 3 years that I worked there. Also, they never claimed at any point in time that they paid a salary.

2) Since it is a 100% commission sales position they do offer a draw. This is simply designed to assist you when starting out since you need time to build a pipeline and start making commission. That's a good thing. It's also there to assist you if you have a few bad months so that you can weather the storm if that's the case.

3) Keeping that in mind, a draw is essentially a short term loan in which you have to pay them back that amount out of any future commissions. It's a simple concept and is a benefit that most companies don't offer.

It sounds to me as though you had no idea as to what you were getting into. However, you can only blame yourself for that as it's clear you did not do your research or read anything. Otherwise you would understand how the draw works and then realize that draw is a benefit from the company in order to ensure that you have some income rather than no income. In other words they were loaning you your future earnings to help you. These are earnings that you may never pay back to them which is a risk they are taking on you in good faith. You need a salary job and should not be in sales. The draw Amerisave offered saved my butt a few times during my tenure, especially when starting out.

sounds like....

AUTHOR: Straight arrow - (United States of America)

It seems to me that when any employee starts a job they receive a huge packet in the beginning to define what there pay structure is.  Every company does this so the fact that you didn't know how it worked was more or less you not reading the entire packet or whatever they sent.  That and did you ask your boss or manager from the beginning how it worked?  If you saw you were getting a draw, you should have asked if this was part of your total compensation or simply to reduce the amount of taxes you have to pay on earned commission which sounds like the case.

Unless you work for corporate, you should be all commission in this particular line of work.  It works the same way no matter where you go.  It would seem that you are angry with Amerisave when you should be angry about how little you understood how it worked up-front.  Just saying.  If you are a salesman/women it is all commission in the good jobs anyway.