• Report: #212002

• Submitted: Wed, September 20, 2006
  • Updated: Mon, November 22, 2010

• Reported By:Los Angeles California
Ameristar Financial
1795 North Butterfield Road Libertyville, Illinois U.S.A.

Ameristar Financial ripoff Libertyville Illinois

*Consumer Comment: consumer response

*Author of original report: Class action against Ameristar

*Consumer Suggestion: Elle, File a complaint on Ameristar with the AG's office. They are NOT licensed.

*Consumer Suggestion: Elle, Ameristar Financial IS NOT licensed to do DEBT COLLECTIONS!

I too am a victim of Ameristar. They claim, my car loan account was purchased from another finance company. My original loan (according to my purchase agreement) ended August 2006, but according to Ameristar I have 8 more payments! How is this possible?! All my records show this not to be true!!! I was unaware of this website and believed there was nothing I could do but make the payments, please if anyone knows what, if anything can be done to help me out, please suggest.

Thank you.

Elle
Los Angeles, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/20/2006 03:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ameristar-Financial/Libertyville-Illinois-60048/Ameristar-Financial-ripoff-Libertyville-Illinois-212002. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ameristar Financial

consumer response

AUTHOR: crazykfm - (United States of America)

I don't know if this comes too late, but I have been royally screwed by Ameristar. They are non responsive and neglect to legitimize the debt they claim I owe. I do know they bought a repossessed loan from ACC, but they won't allow me to fix the issue. I don't know if I even should pay them or if they will screw that up too. They are blocking me from a huge investment, because it is on my credit.

Class action against Ameristar

AUTHOR: Lela - (U.S.A.)

My attorney and I are seeking individuals like myself who have been unjustly overcharged, bait and swith amounting and faulty credit reporting.

Please reply.

#3 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

Elle,

Richard Wonderlic Dba: Ameristar Financial Servicing company is NOT licensed to do debt collections in Illinois, as required by Illinois law.

File your complaint with the Illinois AG's office and ask for a copy of thier license to do debt collections. They have only a business license for an unrelated business at that location.

Furthermore, they also need to be licensed/registered in CA to legally attempt to collect from you.

Info on Ameristar:
Ameristar Financial Servicing Company LLC
Richard Wonderlic, "President"
Attn: William H. Dunn, "Account" Manager.
1795 N. Butterfield Rd; Suite 200
Libertyville, IL. 60048
Tel: 800-784-1535, 847-855-2000
Fax: 847-855-2022

PS..The "Attorney" Dave Arnold that these bottomfeeders cc on all letters, DOES NOT EXIST ANYWHERE! I contacted the Illinois State Bar and he is NOT a member, and they have no records on him whatsoever as to being licensed to practice law in Illinois!

#4 Consumer Suggestion

Elle, Ameristar Financial IS NOT licensed to do DEBT COLLECTIONS!

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

Elle,

See my other post here on Ameristar. I made a long thread on them. Richard Wonderlic is the "President" of this illegal entity.

They are small time JUNK DEBT BUYERS, new to the game and have absolutely no idea what they are doing.

DO NOT speak to them, or ANY debt collector on the phone. Demand everything in writing.

Send a DEBT VALIDATION request to them by CERTIFIED MAIL, return reciept requested. Put the certified# on the letter itself and keep a copy for your records.

In this letter demand to see all contracts involved and a complete payment history. Also demand to see thier DEBT COLLECTION license that is required in ILLINOIS, as well as thier debt collector registration that is required in CA. Also tell them that the only accepted communication will be in writing. Clearly dispute the fact that you owe any more money on the account.

Look at the complaints I filed. I am STILL not done with them.

Don't let these idiots off the hook!