Complaint Review: Ameristar

Ameristar
1795 n Butterfield Rd Suite 200 Libertyville, Illinois United States of America

Ameristar Ameristar Should do their homework Libertyville, Illinois

*Consumer Comment: Clearly at a loss

I recieved this letter from Ameristar just a couple days ago. I was, naturally, upset. Then I began to look closer. They said I owed them $5,924.23 and my collateral, <make> <model> <year>! Someone apparently forgot to plug in what it was I was supposed to be paying on.

My husband is a police officer and decided to run so addresses and telephone numbers. The numbers are not legitimate, however the address is. But the address belongs to a company called Wondelic, Inc. and their phone number doesn't match. The letter was from a Denise M. Faulkner but not signed. If you search her name there is no such person, not with M for a middle initial. Even deleting that detail, the closest Denise Faulkner to the area this company is supposed to be from lives in Chigago, IL.

The most interesting and humorous thing about it all is, I DO NOT have a car loan! I have not had a car loan or taken one out in quite some time, years in fact. So until the criminals get a little more clever, I think I will keep my money.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/17/2010 07:01 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ameristar/Libertyville-Illinois-60048/Ameristar-Ameristar-Should-do-their-homework-Libertyville-Illinois-632135. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ameristar

Clearly at a loss

AUTHOR: crazykfm - (United States of America)

I have been unable to identify how to contact Ameristar myself. The numbers listed on the reports are not legitimate and the only numbers that do work only send you to a voicemail system. They will never respond thought. Did they ever report on your credit? If they did, how did you get it off?