Complaint Review: Ameritech

• Submitted: Wed, May 18, 2005
  • Updated: Wed, May 18, 2005

• Reported By:Columbus Ohio
Ameritech
2033 Grassmere Ave Columbus, Ohio U.S.A.

Ameritech ripoff Columbus Ohio

*Author of original report: Ameritech phone company

I am writing about Ameritech Phone service. I had Ameritech for a least 2 to 3 years. I was getting disconnetion notice like every month and paying every month for some reason. I was able to call Ameritech and ask them why am I getting the notice and not the actual bill. Ameritech didn't send me a bill showing what I was paying for they just sent me the disconnection notice every month for about 6 months. So I finally get someone on the phone and asked what exactully am I paying for. They gave me all these different futures on what I was supposed to have had on my service. They told me I had "Call Fowarding" I knew for a fact I didn't have it cause I use to send my calls over to my cell phone...I never had "Long Distance" but I was paying for it. "Line Backer" was suppose to be if anything happen to your phone, Ameritech will come out and take care of the problem cause your paying 4 to 5 bucks extera a month. I didn't have that service but I was paying for it. "Three way Call waiting" I was paying for that and never was able to use it.

I can go on but the frustration could get to me quick. Then once I spoke with this person. They gave me another phone company to contact to get phone service, which is Core Comm. I've had them for the since March 2000. No problems. Now they are trying to Grunish my checks and this is 2005. Once they lost their business, they are trying to get old customer's money to pay off their dedts.

Cindy
Columbus, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/18/2005 10:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ameritech/Columbus-Ohio-43211/Ameritech-ripoff-Columbus-Ohio-143191. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ameritech

AUTHOR: Cindy - (U.S.A.)

I was with Ameritech for at least 2 to 3 years or so. When I had their service I would receive Disconnection Notice, when I know for sure I have paid the bill every month. I finally got in touch with one of the Rep's to find out why am I receiving these Disconnection Notice and not the actual bill to let me know what why I have these Notices. Once the Rep. explained to me what I was all paying for. I was letting her know that I didn't have these futures on my phone line. Like "line backer, call waiting, three way calling and long distance." I was paying for all these futures and they weren't on my service. Ameritech sent me to another company named CoreComm. I have been with them since March 2000 with no problems. My bill is all was the same and they communicate with me when there is a problem with my phone line. Now Ameritech is trying to Grunish my checks so they can pay the debt that they have from the lawsuit that most of the customers put on them.