Complaint Review: Ameritrain Inc.

• Submitted: Mon, August 12, 2002
  • Updated: Mon, August 12, 2002

• Reported By:Owings Mills MD
Ameritrain Inc.
1003 9th Ave Floor 2 King of Prussia, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

Ameritrain Inc ripoff; closed doors, no refunds for students, & other alternatives offered. King of Prussia, Pennsylvania

There are plenty of us and WE NEED HELP!!!!!

There is a computer school, Ameritrain, located in Columbia MD. I went into this school back in June with curious hopes of getting Microsoft Certifications and getting a better job/education. They told me how reputable they are as a name and how well they teach their students. I did some research and found them listed under the Maryland.org website and BBB website. So, I figured they were not a scam.

At any rate, I called them up this morning to verify some information and answer my questions, as tonight was supposed to be my first class. They told me the recruiter I worked with is no longer with the company and was transfered over to another extention. That transfered call ended up with a voice mail that went unansered. That was the first clue that something was not right.

I looked up the website, www.ameritrain.com. They said the facility was moving and that students would be called and advised with more information. That didn't happen either. The site left a name of a VP and a phone number, no answer from my multiple voicmails. Their toll free number for the rest of the day went unanswered. I decided to go to the school and check it out for myself. On the door was a website address. www.asfb.org. In addition were notes from students who showed up for class or testing. I came home and looked up that site.

I highly advise you to check it out. This has been going on and scewing people over for a couple weeks now in multiple cities. For me, I have now taken out a loan which was done directly from the lender to the school for $10,525. The bank tells me that I am responsible for it and to contact my Attorney General. This means that I owe all that money and have gotten absolutly nothing for it. Can you help? There are plenty of students out there that are also ripped off and we need help. Should Ameritrain file for bankrupcy, all of use are going to be stuck with no way of getting out of this mess.

Thomas
Owings Mills, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/12/2002 07:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ameritrain-Inc/King-of-Prussia-Pennsylvania-19406/Ameritrain-Inc-ripoff-closed-doors-no-refunds-for-students-other-alternatives-offered-26777. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ameritrain Inc.