existed

• Submitted: Wed, March 05, 2003
  • Updated: Wed, March 05, 2003

• Reported By:Charlotte North Carolina
Ameritrain
8801 JM Keynes Drive, Suite 300 Charlotte,N.C.28262, North Carolina U.S.A.

Ameritrain rip-off breech of contract went out of business before fulfilling obligations. Charlotte North Carolina

I was interviewed by Joseph K. Eustace,school director,and we entered into an agreement that allowed me to take my CCNA certification school twice. This is not normal for this course. Other courses allow a second or repeat school. I explained to Mr. Eustace that my mother was in bad health and I would wait for a better time because I most likely could not absorb the "cram" course due to emotional distractions.

He pushed me to enroll and promised that after completing the first class, I could sit in on the next class and that he would put such in writing. The instructor,Steve Crane, even went as far as to promise a spare router and to give me the complete class, just like the first.

Also my scheduled class was postponed 4 times which caused economic hardships as I was between jobs that required night hours.

Evidently Ameritrain draws their instructors from people working for other companies and does so on a contract basis. I came to this conclusion because during orientation at the first class, he informred the class that he may have to interrupt the class for a service call,but if so,he would make it up to us.He also promised after hour tutoring but was unavailable most everytime that I called.

Lab equipment was supposed to be left on site after the school was completed. This was to be for the students to come in at our leisure and work with. I came in the next week and was told that the routers had been shipped to a class in Raleigh due to equipment shortage for the Raleigh class. Also in order to have a full class of eight as advertised,one of Ameritrains employees filled the vacancy. SLM has hounded me on a couple of late payments and I have been told that I owed them and to take my differences up with Ameritrain. Local attorneys do not care to handle this because Ameritrain closed their local office. I have no intention of making another payment to SLM!!

Charles
Charlotte, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/05/2003 04:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ameritrain/CharlotteNC28262-North-Carolina-28262/Ameritrain-rip-off-breech-of-contract-went-out-of-business-before-fulfilling-obligations-48102. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ameritrain