Complaint Review: Ameritrain

• Submitted: Mon, January 13, 2003
  • Updated: Mon, January 13, 2003

• Reported By:Mt. AIry Maryland
Ameritrain
6996 Columbia Gateway Dr Columbia, Maryland U.S.A.

Ameritrain ripoff did not notify or refund any money when they went out of business the business that doesnt give a dam ripped off and scammed deceptive company Columbia Maryland

Was told that the cost of tuition for the MCSE certification class included a rephase (I could take the class again)within a year. Today (still paying on my $7600.00 loan) I called to sign up for my rephase...

The phone has been disconnected, no website, basically no company. A search brought up your site with links to other people that had been "taken" as well.

I am upset. For $1000 I could have gotten the books and better instuction from an online source. But the interview with Ameritrain convinced me that I would be better off with face to face instruction.

The class was paced so fast it was all I could do to keep up with the reading assignments. There was very little personal time available in class, and any extra tutoring had to be done outside of class on your own time. (yeah a working adult has lots of thier "own time")

I had thought it was my failing, since although I have been working with computers since the mid eighties and the internet since the early nineties, very little that was talked about in class did I understand. I took 9 months to study and re-read the books prior to rephasing, only to find the company out of business, and myself poorer and wiser.

If you want an education go to an acredited school! At least colleges and universities will give you credit hours for your money, and most employees will pay for a portion of your costs.

Jamison
Mt. AIry, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/13/2003 11:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ameritrain/Columbia-Maryland-21045/Ameritrain-ripoff-did-not-notify-or-refund-any-money-when-they-went-out-of-business-the-b-41236. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ameritrain