Complaint Review: Ameritrain

• Submitted: Wed, August 14, 2002
  • Updated: Thu, August 15, 2002

• Reported By:Manassas Va
Ameritrain
8245 Boone Blvd Ste 250 Tysons Corner, Virginia U.S.A.

Ameritrain Incorporated refund ripoff what to do Tysons Corner Virginia

*Consumer Suggestion: I forgot to tell you all what I did

I went to Ameritrain too obtain the training necessary to become a Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer, MCSE. Ameritrain offered exactly what I was looking for in the courses offered and the limited timeframe I was able to take the courses.

At the time of registration, I made it clear that I would only take this course if I could get into the class that began June 11 and ended in early August. No problem they said. The total price was about $7000 which I paid 10% out of pocket and then financed the rest through Sallie Mae.

On the night of the 3rd class, I received a call from Marcus Demetri, National Director of Admissions, stating that the class had been cancelled due to a faulty air conditioning unit in our lab. I thought that class was cancelled that night only but no, the entire 9-week course was cancelled. Hindsight tells me that this was the beginning of the end. They "offered" to put me in a class that started later in the summer, which I couldn't do due to college starting back up and obligations to other things I have that I can't change. They even had the balls to tell me to cancel my college courses so I could take their class.

Anyway, after talking to the Regional Manager, David Deconcini, he said that I should probably ask for a full refund since they, Ameritrain, weren't able to fulfill their obligation to me. I sent Certified letters explaining the situation and asking for a refund to their Headquarters addressed to Steve Gouveia, Vice President / General Manager. I received the notification card back from the USPS showing they signed for the letter on June 26, 2002. Here we are 2 months later.

I tried to call their McLean, Va. office and it is closed down "due to relocation". I tried to call the Headquarters but you can only leave voicemail. I left a voicemail for Mr. Gouveia asking for a reply to my refund request. In the mean time, I am still out the money I put down I have paid so far but I have to keep paying off the student loan to Sallie Mae or my credit is screwed up.

Paul
Fairfax, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/14/2002 01:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ameritrain/Tysons-Corner-Virginia-22182/Ameritrain-Incorporated-refund-ripoff-what-to-do-Tysons-Corner-Virginia-26919. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ameritrain

#1 Consumer Suggestion

I forgot to tell you all what I did

AUTHOR: Paul - ()

I am the one that just wrote the posting. I forgot to say that I contacted Sallie Mae and told them what was going on and they referred me to my State Deptartment of Education governing board official. I also filed a complaint with the BBB and called my State Attorney Generals office. I am also going to file a complaint with the Department of Consumer Affairs. I encourage everyone that has been ripped off to do the same.

Thanks.