Complaint Review: Ameritrain

• Submitted: Mon, October 14, 2002
  • Updated: Mon, October 14, 2002

• Reported By:Broadway NC
230 Sugartown Rd Suite 200 Wayne, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

Ameritrain ripoff, liars, cowards Wayne Pennsylvania

I have been trying to request a refund that was paid to Ameritrain on my behalf from the Sallie Mae Foundation. I had financed classes through Sallie Mae for computer training. I could not complete the classes because the school closed without warning.

They called me at work on July 17, 2002 and said that they were doing inventory and that classes would resume on the following Monday, July 22, 2002. Later that evening, I received a call from a student also in the class who informed me that the school had closed down. The next day another student informed me that the instructor, Richard French had emailed her to let her know that the school was moving and he would contact her at a later date to let her know the address of the new location.

Later I received a letter in the mail that stated that classes would resume on August 8, 2002 in a new Durham location. I tried on several occasions to contact someone to talk with them about the knew location. The Cary location, where I had signed up to take the classes, was 45 minutes from my home the Durham location was even further away.

The classes start at 6:30pm and ended at 10:30pm. I could not make the drive in time from work and was not eager to attend the classes that late at night in Durham. Before signing up for the classes, I had researched other schools and part of the reason I chose Ameritrain was that they were a little closer to my home and work.

I also signed up for the training to hire program that cost more, so that I could get the experience. Trish Errato, the Director of Admissions said that school had signed a five year lease so I had no worry's of them moving. Even before the sudden change in address, I wasn't happy with the way the classes were going.

I was told that the classes were primarily hands on with very little lecture. We did very little hands on, in fact I would say that it was 90% lecture and 10% hands on.

Broadway, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/14/2002 09:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ameritrain/Wayne-Pennsylvania-19087/Ameritrain-ripoff-liars-cowards-Wayne-Pennsylvania-32499. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ameritrain