Complaint Review: Ameritrian

• Submitted: Wed, September 04, 2002
  • Updated: Wed, November 13, 2002

• Reported By:Dallas GA
Ameritrian
www.ameritrain.com Atlanta, Georgia U.S.A.

Ameritrian ripoff cheated employees and screwed the customers even more Atlanta Georgia

*Consumer Suggestion: Help with your student loan expenses...

Enrolled with Ameritrain in Sept. 2001. Completed 2 of the 3 classes that I was promised when they gladly accepted $7000.00 of student loan money (via SLM). They closed their Atlanta school shortly before I was to start my final class (MCSE,the most expensive of the three). I received no notice, nothing.
In fact I called to confirm that I was on the roster for the August 27th class, and was told it had to be rescheduled, and they would get back in contact with me as to the date. Well, you guessed it...they never called. The only way that I knew that they had closed was that a family member heard a news brief on the radio and alerted me.

What kind of business practice is this? What is the good ole USA coming to???

I am now paying on a student loan that I did not even receive what was contracted!

I want Ameritrain, or the owner/owners of Ameritrain to refund what is due!!!

Vivian
Dallas, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/04/2002 10:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ameritrian/Atlanta-Georgia-30318/Ameritrian-ripoff-cheated-employees-and-screwed-the-customers-even-more-Atlanta-Georgia-28974. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ameritrian

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Help with your student loan expenses...

AUTHOR: Elizabeth - ()

Vivan,

Although I do not have expereince with Ameritrain, I have had some issues with student loans. What you will need to do is to get a copy of the payoff information from the Georgia Higher Education.

You of course, will have to pay for the courses you took, but as for the last course, it will show the dates of the closing of the school. You shold have also had to sign a financial aid form at the scholl for each class you took authorizing them to receive the financial aid checks, in most cases, you actually endorse the actual check.

If you didn't then that money gets applied back to the loan. You have to be persistant with GHE, but without proof that the money was actually used for the class, they cannot make you pay.