Complaint Review: Amigo Energy

• Reported By: Steve — Waller Texas United States of America
Amigo Energy
po box 203357 Internet United States of America

Amigo Energy Disconnect notice because they didn't process auto pay , Internet

I thought Amigo Energy was great, until this happened.

I set up for auto-pay two weeks before my due date.  I watched my bank and it was never drafted.
Today I received a disconnect notice because my account was past due.

I called customer service.  No help at all.  Evidently when you sign up for auto-pay they provide a notice that it might take a full billing cycle for auto pay to take effect.  Everything is instant these days so I didn't think much of it.  Until today.

Here's the catch, once you sign up for auto-pay, their system will not allow you to make any payments.
As far as I can tell, there is no way to avoid the $30 "late" fee.
I wanted to pay you, that is why I set up auto-pay.  I tried to pay you, but your system won't allow payments.  You call customer service, they apologize but tell you that the $30 late charge is legitimate.

When my contract is up, I will switch out of principal, if nothing else.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/04/2012 06:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Amigo-Energy/internet/Amigo-Energy-Disconnect-notice-because-they-didnt-process-auto-pay-Internet-951004. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Amigo Energy