Complaint Review: Amoco - British Petroleum/ -CITI

• Submitted: Fri, February 25, 2005
  • Updated: Fri, February 25, 2005

• Reported By:Arlington Texas
Amoco - British Petroleum/ -CITI
P.O Box 6345 The Lakes, Nevada U.S.A.

Amoco/British Petroleum/CITI - How many names can they rip you off under? The Lakes Nationwide

Amoco Credit Card owner since 1990 with perfect credit rating with them, as well as all my creditors.

Received a new BP [British Petroleum] card about 2002, when Amoco was bought by them. Stated I should now use the BP card. Promptly cut the Amoco card into little pieces and trashed.

Used the BP card about 1 or 2 times a year, just to keep it open. Paid off each statement.

In mid-September 2003, received a notice from a collection agency that I owed $16.00 to BP/Amoco. Promptly called the police and filled a report. Sent registered letters to BP and the collection agency stating that it was not my charge and that I had not received any bills either, for this charge.

Mid-October 2003, received a notice from a 2nd, different collection agency. Repeated steps above on mailing.

Late-October 2003, received a notice from CITI about my letters with copies of the 'supposed' statements that were sent to me Feb 03, March 03, April 03, May 03, June 03 and July 03 and a form to fill out with what I was disputing and it needed a notary republic stamp.

I had not received any of the statements - that were consequently mailed to the correct home address. The same address I have been at for 7 years and the same address the credit collection agency mailed me at.

I filled out the form and had it notarized and sent it registered.

In mid-November 2003, received a letter from a collection agency, this time representing CITI on this matter. Followed my the same mailing practices above again.

Yes - I have many, many little green cards from this - but nary a proper response from any of the companies listed above. No phone calls, no letters - nothing but little green cards from the post office that all my registered letters have been received.

Needless to say, they had reported this to the credit agencies months ago. Perfect credit record ruined. I just thank God that I had none of those 0% credit cards open at the time. As you all well know - those cards could have jacked up the interest rate, because I 'defaulted' on this card.

Sitting and waiting in TX for the next letter...

Kristin
Arlington, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/25/2005 12:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Amoco-British-Petroleum-CITI/The-Lakes-Nevada-88901-6345/AmocoBritish-PetroleumCITI-How-many-names-can-they-rip-you-off-under-The-Lakes-Nation-132746. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Amoco - British Petroleum/ -CITI