Complaint Review: Amore Diamonds

Amore Diamonds
New York, New York New York, New York USA

Amore Diamonds Watch out for this store on eBay! New York New York

*Author of original report: Rags to Riches

In a true buyer beware story, I went searching for an affordable diamond tennis bracelet for the birth of our first child as a gift to my wife.  I should have know when I saw Amore diamonds deal on eBay that is was too good to be true.  Sure enough, when I received the bracelet it looked nothing like the photo shown.  It was much smaller and I could hardely tell the difference between where the gold was and diamonds started.  Also the "independent appraisal" was done by some no-name appraiser that I couldn't find any real information on and looked like it was printed up in MS Word.  I'm afraid to take this piece in to a reputable jeweler and find out what the real quality is.

So I thought I would just return it and take my business elsewhere and that is when the real problems started.  Amore Diamonds refused to return my item even though it was within their own policies stated return window. [continued below]....

.....  They insisted I exchange it for store credit only!

My lesson learned -- eBay is a largely buyer beware shop and you can't always trust a businesses score.  After I got burned I researched and found out that the owner/manager used to work for a different company Shenoa & Co. and they were legendary for their problems with jewlery.  So I imagine when things get too bad the owners just closes up one shop and open another.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/19/2014 12:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Amore-Diamonds/New-York-New-York/Amore-Diamonds-Watch-out-for-this-store-on-eBay-New-York-New-York-1116721. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Amore Diamonds

Rags to Riches

AUTHOR: Unhappy Buyer - ()

A bad story with a happy ending - the owner of Amore diamonds ended up contacting me and working out a resolution.  Although I was extremely frustrated in the beginning - the committment to see the problem through to a happy customer resolution was there when needed most.  In the end we ended up with a high quality piece that I'm happy to say has turned me from a very angry customer back into one that I'm sure will be back to Amore diamonds in the future!