Complaint Review: Amscot

1599 N. Nova Road Holly Hill, Florida United States of America

Amscot Rips Customer off on LOST Money Orders! Holly Hill, Florida

*Author of original report: Amscot Corporate Office replaces Money Order

*Author of original report: Expensive Amscot FREE Money Order

Amscot slams customer on hidden fees. Amscot advertises FREE Money Orders, but when the Post Office loses the money order letter, Amscot/Republic Bank hits/charges customer $12.00! It was not My fault the post office lost my credit card payment. I paid for the money order on October 1, 2012, mailed it October 2, 2012. There is no record of it to this date! I was forced to pay Amscot's hidden stop charge of $12.00, after waiting three weeks!

The agent filled out the form, even though at the top it states, "This request is to be completed by the Purchaser only". [continued below]....
..... I had to pay her in order to get my original money order receipt back and a copy of the Money Order Claim Form. Then, I was told it would take 30-45 days to get My money back! ?! The form says "however, please allow up to 60 days for total processing"...?!

Then, I had to go to the Post Office, scared this form and money order to Amscot would get "lost" in the mail. I feared the Postal Service practices now. I wanted a delivery confirmation on this money order. The Postal Service demands their "ripoff racket" service requirement -in order to  have delivery confirmation, the money order has to be put in a Priority Flat. This Postal Service charged me $5.15 for their priority flat (?!) plus .75 for the delivery confirmation.

Beware!
Amscot has their hidden fees and charges they demand from us customers (even though the situation is Not our fault!) Then makes the customer Wait possibly Two months to get my money Back! This action is a total insult and not right!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/23/2012 06:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Amscot/Holly-Hill-Florida-32117/Amscot-Rips-Customer-off-on-LOST-Money-Orders-Holly-Hill-Florida-958665. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Amscot

Amscot Corporate Office replaces Money Order

AUTHOR: SweetChallenge - (United States of America)

It took my tenacity and perseverence with emails and public notices, but Amscot Corporate office manager made things right for me. He quickly took control, after I had to strongly explain my important money order being lost in the mail.
I know it wasn't Amscot's fault at losing my credit card money order. The post office plays a terrible game of ignorance, which forces a customer to pay for a priority flat box to be allowed to have delivery confirmation. Don't lose your Amscot money orders!
Amscot, Mr. Wallace, made a point of taking control in sending me my $12.00 stop money order fee back, along with expediting mr refund on the lost money order. I must say, for being very upset over the whole issue, I am very pleased that he made it right. I am rescinding my complaint.
Thank you so much, Mr. Wallace, Tampa Corporate Office.

Expensive Amscot FREE Money Order

AUTHOR: SweetChallenge - (United States of America)

I am compelled to report that this money order was $150.00 to my credit card company. I believed it would be mailed in time for the due date of October 22, 2012. I was proven Wrong! So now, at this point, I am Out $17.90 -so far! I was forced to lose All this money, yet spend more money to ensure my credit payment was paid in time so as Not to accrue a Late charge from them! Is there a conspiracy going on -just coincidental?!