Complaint Review: Amsouth Bank

• Submitted: Sat, April 05, 2003
  • Updated: Sat, April 05, 2003

• Reported By:Cleveland Tennessee
Amsouth Bank
301 KEITH ST Cleveland, Tennessee U.S.A.
  • Phone: 423-339-4670
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

First American Bank Merged With Amsouth Bank ripoff alert, rude, inconsiderate, age biased attitude, stole money from me at christmas, charged overdue fees when money was already deposited in bank Cleveland Tennessee

I had been a customer of First American Bank for around 8 months and I had no problems. Then the bank merged with Amsouth and my accounts got completely messed around with. After calling them several times I was promised they would straighten the errors up but they never did so.

I was always getting charged for checks bouncing if I dated them before the date of my deposits. For example I wrote a check out for a $200.00 bill on April 2, and I deposited my check of $600.00 on April 3. A week later I got a $30 bounce protection fee when the check went through.

When I sat down and talked with an associate at the bank about this they acted very rudely but agreed to fix the problem,It never was resolved.

Then along came christmas and I took a trip with my husband to Florida. Just before we left the bank called me and says I have a $450 credit back from march they cant figure out where it came from. They said I had to have a reciept of deposit brought to the office or else they will deduct the money. I only kept my receipts for 6 months at a time to avoid paper clutter in my desk.

Of course I couldnt prove of my deposit other then verbally so they TOOK MY MONEY. Christmas was completely ruined. I had to borrow money from my mom,it was humiliating.

Upset after my trip I went again to the main office to sit and talk with an associate,more $30 charges were occuring with my checks. She smirked at me and pointed to my records, "See the minus sign? That means you had to be charged. See your check date? That date.." She was really sarcastic by now. "means you wrote the check BEFORE your money was in the account. We can do nothing about that."

Needless to say I withdrew my money at that moment and transfered it to a new bank.

"See my money and buisness leaving" is the last thing I said.

Victoria
Cleveland, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/05/2003 09:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Amsouth-Bank/Cleveland-Tennessee-37311/First-American-Bank-Merged-With-Amsouth-Bank-ripoff-alert-rude-inconsiderate-age-biased-51714. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Amsouth Bank