• Report: #922026

Complaint Review: Amy Chizzick

• Submitted: Fri, August 03, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, November 28, 2012

• Reported By: Celibre medical — Torrance California U.S.A.
Amy Chizzick
732 Santa Barbara Place, San Diego, CA 92109 Internet United States of America

Amy Chizzick Ocean Magazine, Molly Chizzick Amy Chizzick, Ocean Magazine Scam , Internet

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: DEFAMATION JUDGEMENT ENTERED AGAINST KEVIN DICERBO and CELIBRE

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: KEVIN DICERBO FALSE CLAIM & LAWSUIT AGAINST HIM PERSONALLY

*Author of original report: Amy Chizzick Default Judgment for Theft of Services

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: SCAM ALERT: Celibre and KEVIN DiCerbo

*Author of original report: Amy McCabe, Amy Chizzick, Ocean Magazine, Molly Chizzick

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: FRAUD ALERT! Celibre and Kevin DiCerbo

Amy Chizzick, who is listed as the founder and publisher of Ocean Magazine, approached our organization (we are a cosmetic dermatology office) in 2011 about doing a review of our organization in the magazine.  We were open to the idea and agreed to let her try out the services (approximately $1000 of free services).  She came to the office for Dysport (Botox) and a laser treatment in December of 2011.  She indicated that we would be profiled in an upcoming issue and told me that March was the time frame for the article to be published.

In the time leading up to the March publish date, I  requested several times to see any preliminary drafts of the article.  I was promised I would get one from the editors and it never came.  After the publish date passed, I requested a copy of the printed magazine so as to see the article.  She said that it did not get published with this issue and that we would have to do it in May. [continued below]....
.....  The same story was told in May when the story was again not published.

Around the end of May I started doing more research and realized that there may not be a printed version of Ocean Magazine.  I could not find any current copies of the magazine in print and in fact when I objected to the fact that I had not receive a printed copy of the magazine, Ms. Chizzick offered me internet based advertising as a way to compensate us.  This appeared to me to mean that there was no printed Ocean Magazine any more and in fact it was just a website.

At this point, I told Ms. Chizzick that I was through waiting and I needed payment for the services we had provided.  I was no longer interested in her article.  I did not trust her or want her to write about our organization because I felt like she was lying to me.  She refused to provide payment and instead indicated that she would be writing the article.  I told her that if I did not receive payment I would be recouping the cost in small claims court.  I have since filed the small claim.

If you are approached by Amy or Molly Chizzick on anyone associated with Ocean Magazine in relation to providing an editorial about your business in exchange for free or discounted services, do not do it.  It's a scam.  If they do provide a review it will be on their website which gets 134 visits per day, which means no one will see it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/03/2012 11:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Amy-Chizzick/internet/Amy-Chizzick-Ocean-Magazine-Molly-Chizzick-Amy-Chizzick-Ocean-Magazine-Scam-Internet-922026. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Amy Chizzick

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

DEFAMATION JUDGEMENT ENTERED AGAINST KEVIN DICERBO and CELIBRE

AUTHOR: California Editor - ()

Update:
On June 14, 2013 The Superior Court of California, Orange County entered a judgement against the Defendant, Kevin Dicerbo and Celibre for defamation and malicious intent to slander in this matter of negligent, false and reckless posting on this site. The court found the defendant Kevin Dicerbo's statements defamatory and the report to be false and  issued a judgment to have it removed.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

KEVIN DICERBO FALSE CLAIM & LAWSUIT AGAINST HIM PERSONALLY

AUTHOR: California Editor - (United States of America)

Kevin DiCerbo is currently in the process of personally being sued for defamation of character, falsifying documents, and slander. Additionally, Celibre now has a lawsuit filed against the company for misrepresentation of services, fraud, and performing services without proper licensing. To my knowledge, there is also a class-action lawsuit pending by many of their former clients who have had the misfortune of encountering similar experiences being defrauded by Celibre and its representatives.

Amy Chizzick Default Judgment for Theft of Services

AUTHOR: Celibre medical - (U.S.A.)

The only legal proceedings that occurred in this case were as follows.  On October 31, 2012, Celibre, Inc. brought a small claims case against Ms. Amy Chizzick for theft of services in relation to the above case.  Because Ms. Amy Chizzick did not have any explanation for how she could be provided free services and then not provide the promised magazine article in return, she did not show for the case.

The judge in the case ruled against Ms. Chizzick and she now owes the organization over $1,000.

#4 REBUTTAL Individual responds

SCAM ALERT: Celibre and KEVIN DiCerbo

AUTHOR: California Editor - (United States of America)

As I stated, absolutely everything Kevin DiCerbo posted is a blatant lie and an incredibly weak attempt to slander our good name and reputation.

Ocean Magazine has been published since 2005 and has an incredibly strong online presence and subscription base.

We currently are in the process of legal proceedings against Celibre and Kevin DiCerbo personally. It's an unfortunate situation, however, as is standard and ethical in the media industry, we we provide accurate accounts and honesty in our features, and rather than writing a negative review of Celibre, we simply pulled the article, as would be in their best interest.

We do not wish to misrepresent or mid-lead our readers to experience treatments a venue in which we do not trust or recommend, and in fact feel was an entire scam from the beginning. It's entirely unethical.

There are several additional RIPOFF reports on Celibre as well, it seems numerous others have encountered similar situations. It's very disappointing to the med spa industry as whole as well as the brands they work alongside to have such a negative representation by Celibre.

We certainly hope though that this will shed light on their corporation, and save others from experiencing the same situation. Save your money, do research, and find a good credible med spa. It's well worth it in the end.

Stay clear of Celibre and working alongside such an unprofessional as Kevin DiCerbo.

Amy McCabe, Amy Chizzick, Ocean Magazine, Molly Chizzick

AUTHOR: Celibre medical - (U.S.A.)

This person was not invited to Celibre.  She solicited us to provide a review of the business and wanted to try our services free of charge.  We provided free services (we never injected the lips and have the medical records to refute her claim).  When she did not provide the promised review of our organization (the "Ocean Magazine" she purported to represent does not exist as a printed publication), we took legal action to recoup the cost of the procedures.  She then took to the internet to attempt to discredit our organization.

#6 REBUTTAL Owner of company

FRAUD ALERT! Celibre and Kevin DiCerbo

AUTHOR: California Editor - (United States of America)

Absolutely everything written in the post by Kevin DiCerbo is not only a blatant lie, his false accusations, untruths, and complete slander has resulted in legal action against himself personally, as well as Celibre Medical Corporation, the company in which he represents.

As an Editor of California Women's Fashion and Beauty publication, I was invited by Kevin DiCerbo to experience a variety of treatments to review in our Beauty Editorial.  Having tried and tested numerous treatments in the past, and experienced a wide variety of amazing med spa treatments, I was unbelievably disappointed, and quite honestly had never experienced anything as terrible as with with the treatments Kevin DiCerbo selected for me to review and the complete lack of results which followed in ALL of the procedures.

The extremely poor customer service provided by Kevin DiCerbo, and Celibre staff made the experience even more shocking. Knowing that I was there to write a review, and was treated the way I was, I can only imagine how their regular clients are welcomed. Now, by reading numerous reviews, it's quite apparent I'm not the only one having had such a horrific experience with Celibre.

Every treatment was met with complete upselling which lead me to believe their offices are ONLY a money making scheme.  As I felt it would be entirely dishonest to our loyal readers (over 400,000 throughout Southern California and Nationwide) online visitors, email subscribers, and Social Media Network connections, I decided against publishing the review in which Kevin DiCerbo had outlined and pushed for me to write.

It would have been entirely unethical and unfair to the businesses we do feature which have incredible reputations, highly reputable services, and truly do provide the utmost in excellence and care with their customers. I could not review and place Celibre in the same category, knowing that I would be intentionally misleading in any positivity conveyed in regards to the company and the experience, and others would be then have the misfortune of experiencing a similar situation and outcomes as a result.

As a trusted Beauty and Fashion publication, we owe it to our readers to be honest in our features, and to include in our Beauty Editorial, the very best California has to offer.

I certainly wish I could write a glowing review of the experience, however, to our loyal readers and those considering a visit to Celibre, my advice: Spend your hard earned money elsewhere. There are many wonderful and credible med spas out there! Celibre's promise, service, and results simply do not measure up and if fact was the worst Med Spa experience ever!!!