Complaint Review: An Elite Moving And Storage

• Updated: Sat, January 02, 2010

• Reported By: Ebony — Colorado Springs Colorado United States of America
An Elite Moving And Storage
1449 West Littleton Boulevard Littleton, Colorado United States of America

An Elite Moving And Storage(formerly:New Beginnings Moving And Storage, Tri-Star Moving & Best Mo An Elite Moving and Storage Not Military Friendly Littleton , Colorado

*Consumer Suggestion: IG

I wish I had read all the complaints prior to hiring this company.

My husband was deployed to Iraq and I was living on Fort Carson (on post housing) I found a house that was larger than what I had and less money. So I decided to move. I did quotes on line, Elite representative Tara Bronucio called back with the best quote of $65 an hour and the move would take no longer than 2 hours they would also add an hour for travel time. I paid $100 to lock in my move date and time.

On moving day I get a call an hour late stating the driver was lost, but they would be there shortly. I ask them where they were so I could try to assist with directions and the mover started stuttering and saying he would figure it out. I should have known then he was not lost he just had not made it to Colorado Springs. An hour later I get another call stating they have to reschedule 3 hours later because one of the movers did not have ID and was not allowed on Ft.Carson. I should have canceled then but I agreed to with. When they finally arrive, the movers did not have tools to take my furniture down and I had to let them use my husbands tools. They pull out the contract and start reading the fine print and see additional charges for moving glass and explained this was not quoted. I call and speak with the person who quoted me the price and she says, either move the glass tables yourself or pay the fee because we can't assure it won't be broken. I ask for a manager and was told none was there so I tell her to cancel the whole thing. Then conveniently enough the owner jumps on the line and say she over heard me yelling at her representative and she wanted to assist. So she agreed to move the glass without the additional price.

It took 4 hours to move, so I was charged for 2 more hours than I was quoted. I went back to my old house to clean up after the move and it was flooded. The movers disconnected my washer hose but never turned off the water. I called Elite's after hour number and talked to the owner and was told just go rent a carpet cleaner from safeway or home depot so no more damage would be done. Never an apology or anything. She said she would send a claim slip to refund me for the rental. I never received it never got any calls.

A week later my 9 year old daughter bed crashed to the floor, the movers did not screw her furniture back the just put the platform together on the sides but did not nail the boards that holds the mattress up. I check the other beds and they had not did it for any of the beds. My husband was in Iraq so I had to hire someone to come and do it for me. Gratefully they were really inexpensive.

I called again and told them what happened to my daughter, again no apology. I was told they would send a claim form. I told them I was told that before and she verified my address but it has been a almost a year and I have yet to her from them. I filed a complaint with BBB, but if this review can assist one person from getting ripped off from this company then I am happy. I should have taken legal action against the company because I had to pay for the water damage done to my carpet in my old house but it was so hard to get a reply so I figured they would not show and I would have wasted more time and money with this company..

The quote is great but the service is horrible. Don't be reeled in by the false pricing

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/31/2009 12:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/An-Elite-Moving-And-Storage/Littleton-Colorado-/An-Elite-Moving-And-StorageformerlyNew-Beginnings-Moving-And-Storage-Tri-Star-Moving--547914. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on An Elite Moving And Storage

#1 Consumer Suggestion

IG

AUTHOR: Jeanski - (U.S.A.)

Make sure you inform the Fort Carson Inspector General about your problem. He/she may be able to intervene on your behalf. Even if he can't, he may consider putting this company on the off limits list. At least no one else will get burned :-(

I'm sorry you had so many problems. Being a military wife was the hardest job I've ever had.  But at least I learned (the hard way!) how to do plumbing, drywall, fix a leaky roof, negotiate with mechanics and other repair people, and generally be everything my husband was when he was home :-)  It's a great life, though!