Complaint Review: Ananda Perera

• Submitted: Tue, November 13, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, December 06, 2012

• Reported By: Sam — Orange California United States of America
Ananda Perera
Ananda K. Perera 1 Huntington Street Irvine, California United States of America

Ananda Perera CeCors, inc Ananda Perera ripped me off. Irvine, California

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Sam's Complaint

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: From Author of #822237

Ananda Perera borrowed money from me on February 20th of 2009. His sister Rushana Shamali Perera is the person who recommended him as a trustworthy individual. The money was to be paid back with interest within three weeks. He wanted the money in cash.

He issued me a note from his company CeCors, inc. His title was VP and CTO (chief technology officer). When I did not hear from him for about two months, I called him. He said that his business was not doing well and that he would pay back the money asap. Time went by and there was no money paid. When I kept calling him, he stopped answering the phone. After a few months he changed his phone number. I found that number and was able to get in touch with him. At that time he said that he was liquidating some assets and that he would pay me back the money soon. At this point, I was suspicious. When I got a hold of him at this time, he said that he was cashing his 401K and that the company had credited his money to somebody else. [continued below]....
..... He promised to have that resolved and pay back my money.

Every time I spoke to him, he had an excuse and promised to pay back the money. After some time he stopped answering his phone and no text messages.

At this point I contacted an attorney. He went through the note and sent him a letter of demand. The attorney also found out that the CeCors, inc had not been operating for over two years. The attorney called the bank where I gave him the money and inquired about the possibility of obtaining a copy of the video of my handing him the cash in the bank. They agreed to provide that if there was a lawsuit. I was ready to sue Ananda Perera. But since he has no assets ( no property, car etc) I was not going to recover my money. The attorney wanted to go after him for fraud.

It will be four years very soon. These people are common criminals. Stealing money from innocent people to live. They drive expensive cars and enjoy life with other people's money. How they sleep at night is the big question. He could have worked at McDonald's and paid back my money, but why do that when you can screw people and get money?.

Since this happened, I have found out that he had played out a lot of people for money. I will continue to spread the word about him. More people know about him the better. I am not sure about his sister, but she could be involved in this scam of his.

There is another report on him in this website. Read: Report: #822237

In that report the author says that Ananda Perera has promised to make things right, but if I were him, I'd be careful and wait till the money is paid back. He promises without following through. I hope to see these people brought to justice soon. That day will come sooner than later.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/13/2012 11:01 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ananda-Perera/Irvine-California-92620/Ananda-Perera-CeCors-inc-Ananda-Perera-ripped-me-off-Irvine-California-968534. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ananda Perera

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Sam's Complaint

AUTHOR: Gina - ()

I was an ex employee of A.Perera and knew about this transaction he had with Sam. Sam is his cousin's husband and is an RE agent whose license had expired during that time. He was without work and was trying to make ends meet.Ananda Perera was trying to riase money for his company and was looking to borrow on a short term. These two parties were put together by his sister for mutual benefit. Both are grown adults who entered into an agreement/contract knowing very well the pros an cons of the situations. Ananda informed me that Sam wanted $5000.00 as interest for the three weeks. I do not know what happened that Ananda was unable to pay back the money. However I read this today and was apalled to find out how family members air their greviences in public/ on the internet without communicating or even taking legal actions if necessary. I have known Ananda for many years and seen the ups and downs in his career. He certainly is not a thief as indicated by the reporter 'Sam'. I also know that Ananda's famiily has no connrections to any of his business projects or dealings. I no longer work with Ananda because of a change in my career. I wish him the best in the future.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

From Author of #822237

AUTHOR: Victims of Ananda Perera - (USA)

Hello,  I wanted to update you and let you know that I have not heard from Ananda Perera since he called me on July 9, 2012.  You are right - he played me again with his lies and scare tactics.  I totally agree with you that this man is a thief and cannot be trusted.  He has ripped off 6+ people I know of and now I add you to the list.

Like you, I hope justice will serve and he gets what he deserves.