Complaint Review: Ancestory.com

Ancestory.com
600 west 4800 North Provo, Utah United States of America

Ancestory.com Unkown Charges of 29.95 for months Provo, Utah

*Consumer Comment: Bad business practice

Signed up in July 24 for one moneh subscription .. Sent in email for cancellation. Didn't cancel. When to look at end of year account info for taxes noticed them still on my history for withdraws each month on 24th.. then to 17th. then this new year to the 2nd. each month getting shorter in days of charging me. I contact customer support asked me for my email gave it to them they said we don't have you on file.. I gave them my credit # they pulled up my account, but had different email which was .com not my .net one. They are suppose to provide you with billing statement. I did not recieve none. I asked them for credit I didn't know i was still being charge for this.. They told me they could see activity for 2 months.. then all stopped. I remember logging in for shortly to see my brothers tree info. and checking it later to see if they cancelled it yet. They never.. 3 months three months the guy on phone Roger Tech # 2182 said he could do nothing for the previous transactions, but would cancel last one said he had no control over this. I don't find time to use this stupid site nor do i know how to use it. I don't believe I should be charged consecutively for something not using and without billing statments. I have contacted the BBB. on this matter and plan on sending a letter to the attorney general.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/04/2010 05:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ancestorycom/Provo-Utah-84604/Ancestorycom-Unkown-Charges-of-2995-for-months-Provo-Utah-549694. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ancestory.com

Bad business practice

AUTHOR: Tarny308 - (Australia)

Hello, I too signed up for 3 months membership through ancestory.com, after trying to build my family tree and getting no where i decided to just let the membership run out. This was not the case, they kept taking $59 for three months mebership, I only noticed this after checking my creditcard statements, seeings I hadn't logged on to ancestory.com for over three months.
after emailing ancestory.com regarding this, they said it states in there web page that we have to cancel.  so having to just cop that, i said well when this membership expires cancel my membership, so they cancelled it the next day, locking me out completely, taking the information i had already sourced.  this was 4 days after they just took $59 for another three months..  so I was tripple ripped off, two payments illegally taken & then the last not extending my three months after taking another $59.

BE CAREFUL OUT THERE, WHAT EVER COUNTRY YOU ARE IN, ANCESTORY.COM RIPS PEOPLE OFF.