Complaint Review: Ancestry.com, rootsweb.com, genealogy.com ,myfamily.com

• Submitted: Wed, July 14, 2004
  • Updated: Wed, July 14, 2004

• Reported By:AUBURN New York
Ancestry.com, rootsweb.com, genealogy.com ,myfamily.com
360 W.4800 N. Provo, Utah U.S.A.

Ancestry.com, rootsweb.com, genealogy.com, myfamily.com ripoff- ancestry.com billing ripoff customer service misleading Provo Utah

*Consumer Comment: Watch your charge card

This company misled me on a subscription for service. When I confronted them with the problem, they offered me 2 free months of service.when I received my next billing I did not receive the free months of service. What I got was a song and dance about how i would get 14 months of service for the price of 12 months. I tried to explain to the service representative that that is not what I understood about the free months. I explanined to the rep that I wanted NO further charges on my card and he was very rude and persistent about the 12 months subscription. I explained to him that I planned to file charges if I find another billing to my credit card. He said he would have a supervisor call me back. i waited several hours and received no call. BUYER BEWARE.

Bob
AUBURN, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/14/2004 10:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ancestrycom-rootswebcom-genealogycom-myfamilycom/Provo-Utah-84604/Ancestrycom-rootswebcom-genealogycom-myfamilycom-ripoff-ancestrycom-billing-ripof-98889. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ancestry.com, rootsweb.com, genealogy.com ,myfamily.com

Watch your charge card

AUTHOR: James - (U.S.A.)

Watch your charge card and if the charge hits I would suggest you immediatel dispute it.
If you decide to complain there are places at this link. Also the AG of New York is a good onr to complain to.