Complaint Review: Ancestry.com

• Reported By:Bend Oregon
Ancestry.com
www.ancestry.com Internet U.S.A.

Ancestry.com Liars Thieves On-line Internet

Ancestry.com are liars and thieves. I signed up for a 10 day free trail to find out a liitle more about my family. I was not satified with what they had to offer so I called with in 10 days to cancel. They were conviently experiencing phone problems and I could not get through for a couple days.

When I finally did get through, the womens I talked to assured me that they were having phone trouble and that my late cancelation would not be problem. She claimed to cancel my "free" membership.

Two or three months later when I was reviewing credit card bills I noticed that I had been charged around 100 dollars twice by ancestry.com. When I called them to find out why, they claimed that they had no record or my cancelation or that I had ever made a phone call to them and that they had never experienced the "phone problems" I had encountered.

Further more they only refunded one of the charges to my credit card. They Lied to me and Stole for me. They should be put out of buisness. If any one knows of actions that can be taken please let me know.

Lisa
Bend, Oregon

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/02/2003 05:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ancestrycom/internet/Ancestrycom-Liars-Thieves-On-line-Internet-73811. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ancestry.com